MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
tomrip
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default help with fried food prep please

hello . i own two bbq restaurants. every day, we make all sides from scratch. The only things we bought was chicken strips, french fries, onion rings, cheese sticks and jalapeno poppers. I want to make all of that from scratch, but need to make it and freeze it. we do not have a hood, so we have a enclosed fryer. it is a perfect fry. i have an out door fryer, so i will do fries one day, chicken the next and so on. i have got the fries down. i cook them at 350 for 4 minutes, freeze then fry them 2 minute and they are perfect. i am struggling with the chicken strips. we bought Tyson 100 percent cooked strips. pulled them out and fried them for 4 minutes. how do i first cook them/. thy are getting too brown. i fried them for 6 minutes, and they were still pink in the middle. this worried mr, before we bought the uncooked, and one day they didn't cook all the way, and a kid bit into a half raw chicken strip. if you have any ideas, or a better way to make the fries, i would appreciate any help.
tomrip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
ynotfehc
Full Fledged Farker

Maybe bread and then bake the tenders, then reheat in fryer.
Issue could also be the size of your chicken if the outside is done but inside is pink. What are you using for the chicken?
ynotfehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #3
Cook
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jay

If the cooked strips are coming out too brown, cook them less. I know...to simple...don't mean for it to sound elementary.

When you cook them for 4 minutes, what is the internal temperature? They are fully cooked. Coming from a sealed, manufacturer's package they do not need to get to 165 in most states. Check your regulations.

If you do decide to make your own pre-cooked chicken, keep in mind that they will have to reheated to an IT of 165.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:41 PM   #4
Cook
Babbling Farker

Ok...quick search of the Indiana Food Code (FDA Code 2001)...

Coming from Tyson in the manufacturer's package the reheat temperature is 140*.

Pay attention to section "C" below:

3-403.11 Reheating for Hot Holding.*
(See Supplement)

(A) Except as specified under ¶¶ (B) and (C) and in ¶ (E) of this section, potentially hazardous food that is cooked, cooled, and reheated for hot holding shall be reheated so that all parts of the food reach a temperature of at least 74°C (165°F) for 15 seconds.
(B) Except as specified under ¶ (C) of this section, potentially hazardous food reheated in a microwave oven for hot holding shall be reheated so that all parts of the food reach a temperature of at least 74°C (165°F) and the food is rotated or stirred, covered, and allowed to stand covered for 2 minutes after reheating.
(C) Ready-to-eat food taken from a commercially processed, hermetically sealed container, or from an intact package from a food processing plant that is inspected by the food regulatory authority that has jurisdiction over the plant, shall be heated to a temperature of at least 60°C (140°F) for hot holding.
(D) Reheating for hot holding shall be done rapidly and the time the food is between the temperature specified under ¶ 3-501.16(A)(2) and 74°C (165°F) may not exceed 2 hours.
(E) Remaining unsliced portions of roasts that are cooked as specified under ¶ 3-401.11(B) may be reheated for hot holding using the oven parameters and minimum time and temperature conditions specified under ¶ 3-401.11(B).
Old 01-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
Cook
Babbling Farker

And to update...Indiana HAS updated (I clicked on the "see suplement" link they provided)

It isn't 140*...they updated it to the current regulation which is 135*.

So the Tyson product should be good when reheated to 135*. That should take your over brown color away.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #6
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Good info and research, Jay.

That should answer the OP's question.

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->