How much charcoal do you keep on hand?

MotorCityBBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Just curious. How much charcoal everyone typically keeps on hand.

Currently I have about 90lbs but I just bought a few bags.

+ 3 newly acquired bags of wicked good WW
CD2C1802-017D-45EB-A5FB-CCF1DA5C0F83-1476-00000223AB6315F5.jpg

I typically get WG by the pallet, 30 bags x 22# each = 660#. Down to three bags of Weekend Warrior and a few assorted bags of mongrel lump. Time for a re-order!

I typically get WG by the pallet, 30 bags x 22# each = 660#. Down to three bags of Weekend Warrior and a few assorted bags of mongrel lump. Time for a re-order!

my buddy and i are considering splitting a pallet. any reccomendations to be able to get it without the shipping tearin us up so bad?

40# of lump, two bags royal Oak briquettes...

Tanks to all that posted pictures...I now seem reasonable to the wife, even when I "stock up!"

How do you get a pallet. Wouldn't even know where to start talking to someone around here.

I've got about 500lbs split between kingsford blue and royal oak big bags.

I can't even find Wicked Good around here. Would like to try it.

Here in LowSoCal, it's difficult at BEST to find quality cooking charcoal. The stuff that comes in those bags that say Kingsford.... I don't think any quality food should be cooked over junk fuel like that. So I have a pallet of coal dropped at my house every once in a while. That's 15 40# bags ($375 includes delivery to my house). Well worth it!

Last edited:
How do you get a pallet. Wouldn't even know where to start talking to someone around here.

There was another question on this too, but I don't know how to get both in the answer box. I live in MA and the New England Distribution point is in central MA. I make arrangements for pickup with the company office, located in Maine, and then make the drive.

Looking at their website, it looks as though picking up of pallets is available at the central MA location only. They do however, arrange pallet shipping nationwide. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock at the moment, which is why I buy by the pallet when available. I DO NOT like to run out!

Here is a link for you.

http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/pallet_shipping_outside_ne.htm

Back