New ASW Has Arrived

Glad to see that it didn't hit an iceberg and sink in the North Atlantic before being delivered! That is impressive looking smoker!

I thought the same until I rolled it, moves great. I have the outlaw in the backyard with big tires, I wanted smaller wheels on this because it won’t move much and wanted to control the height for storage. It will likely only see the garage and roll into the driveway.

I can only hope that you will be doing some front yard cooking with that beast.

What was the ballpark price on that thing and how much was the shipping? At first I thought you drove all the way down there and drove back with it in your truck!

What was the ballpark price on that thing and how much was the shipping? At first I thought you drove all the way down there and drove back with it in your truck!

Yes, what he said. If you don't mind sharing the figures.

Woah! Very nice.

Any pics of the inside of the firebox?

Damn Matt,

Looks like you are now in need of a insulated pellet cooker. You have two direct flow cookers, one Reverse Flow, a water cooker, a drum and a ceramic. Yep, just missing an insulated pellet cooker. I highly recommend the FEC 240. lol

That said, I am so jealous of the AWS. I spoke to Jason a few weeks ago about a 250 road pit, but Still haven't pulled the trigger, but it is close. A friend has an ASW 500 gallon road pit, but that is a little big for my needs. It is down to 3 contenders, ASW, Moberg and Primitive. I hope you enjoy your new toy.

Thanks guys. The 250 starts at $5k and goes up from there, the firebox is impressive, massive tank insulated and then the box around it, inside is just amazing, nothing that can impede airflow, smooth lines, built in water pan. Let me know if I can answer any questions, the only time I cooked on one was just amazing.

No doubt

Damn Matt,

Looks like you are now in need of a insulated pellet cooker. You have two direct flow cookers, one Reverse Flow, a water cooker, a drum and a ceramic. Yep, just missing an insulated pellet cooker. I highly recommend the FEC 240. lol

That said, I am so jealous of the AWS. I spoke to Jason a few weeks ago about a 250 road pit, but Still haven't pulled the trigger, but it is close. A friend has an ASW 500 gallon road pit, but that is a little big for my needs. It is down to 3 contenders, ASW, Moberg and Primitive. I hope you enjoy your new toy.

It’s a sickness man. I’m going to sell the outlaw I think. Don’t need two stick burners

Not to be redundant, but that's awesome.

I'm really curious, how did they roll it down the ramp out of the truck ?

Had to use some type of come-a-along, or something.

It’s a sickness man. I’m going to sell the outlaw I think. Don’t need two stick burners

Need, Want what's the difference??? But, I know about the sickness. I just sold my FEC 100 and FEC 120. That leaves me to get by with only a Shirley Fab, 4 hunsaker drums, an FEC 240, a Hasty Bake Legacy, PG500, Grilla OG, 3 classic webers (2 redheads) and I still am looking at a 250 gallon smoker. Truthfully, the outlaw hybrid was on my short list of wants, that and a jambo. Now I seem to have the big wants for a 250 gallon in the backyard. I want mine on a trailer, in case I want to take it somewhere . All of my stuff is not too mobile.

I will join you at the smoker hoarder 12 step meetings. The biggest issue I have is I live in a desert and wood is expensive. Oh well, there are worst hobbies. Now fire her up and lets see some pron. Congrats

Unloading

Not to be redundant, but that's awesome.

I'm really curious, how did they roll it down the ramp out of the truck ?

Had to use some type of come-a-along, or something.

Backed a box truck up to it and then winched it down the ramp. They hauled a trailer build up that was delivered first. It was tough getting it down, just so heavy

Asw

Need, Want what's the difference??? But, I know about the sickness. I just sold my FEC 100 and FEC 120. That leaves me to get by with only a Shirley Fab, 4 hunsaker drums, an FEC 240, a Hasty Bake Legacy, PG500, Grilla OG, 3 classic webers (2 redheads) and I still am looking at a 250 gallon smoker. Truthfully, the outlaw hybrid was on my short list of wants, that and a jambo. Now I seem to have the big wants for a 250 gallon in the backyard. I want mine on a trailer, in case I want to take it somewhere . All of my stuff is not too mobile.

I will join you at the smoker hoarder 12 step meetings. The biggest issue I have is I live in a desert and wood is expensive. Oh well, there are worst hobbies. Now fire her up and lets see some pron. Congrats

I did similar research with moberg. The deciding factor was the experience cooking on the ASW in the class. In my opinion the best smoker for brisket there is.

Back