First cook on my Weber rotisserie

geo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I ordered this thing a week ago and yesterday it finally arrived. So we picked up a five pound free range chicken, soaked it in a lemon pepper brine and gave it a whirl.

I have a Performer grill and I was a little worried about the ring fitting. The ring for the rotisserie has notches to fit over the hardware on the grill. The fit to the grill is not real snug but thinking about it now they might have compromised the fit a little to allow the lid to seat into the holder on the performer grill while the rotisserie is in use.

I will say I am happy with the purchase and the chicken was good.

weberrotisseriefirtcook.jpg

DY-NA-MITE looking bird! I love my rotisserie and need to notch mine to fit my performer as it's an older model without the notches. Great cook!

Notches? I was going to order one for my Platinum, will it fit or do I need to make some modifications?

your gonna love it! next do prime rib or a brined/dry rubbed pork loin

Nice looking bird, good job! :thumb:

The first think I learned about my rotisserie, is that it is a sin do just one bird. You have room for two birds, it doesn't add any time to your cook, and the leftovers are excellent to have!

The first think I learned about my rotisserie, is that it is a sin do just one bird. You have room for two birds, it doesn't add any time to your cook, and the leftovers are excellent to have!

^^^^Took the words right out of my mouth!

I have a small gap on my ring as well, I just shove tin foil in the gap. Haven't really tried to maintain a low (225*) temp with it, so that may be a challenge. I know that, in order to snuff out my fire at the end of a cook, I have to remove the ring or it will continue to burn all night.

Notches? I was going to order one for my Platinum, will it fit or do I need to make some modifications?

I *believe* that the newer rotisseries are already all notched to accommodate the protruding hardware from the lid holders, but call weber to be sure.

I have the weber rotisserie as well. It is notched for the performer. My ring does not seat very good but for me I figured the leaks just help it breath better. I like to cook my birds starting at 350 ramping up to 400-425. The last one I did the skin was as crispy as a potatoe chip. Yum. Yum. It makes the best chicken I have ever had so far.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Back