• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chris Harts BBQ Class

Atlasman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Spent the weekend with Chris here in NY and all I will say to anyone considering taking a BBQ class is find a way to get to this one. We had a great time. My wife and I attended and we both came away from the weekend feeling like we learned more then we even hoped for going in.

Chris is very friendly and approachable.......takes questions in stride and manages to cook contest grade food plus enough to munch on all while teaching you EVERY step of the way.

I took his class because he seemed like a cool dude who could just as easily be found sending smoke over your fence from his backyard cooker but also had the smarts, experience and dedication to win The Jack.

I was right on both accounts.......he is a down to earth regular guy, with amazing skills and knowledge of a BBQ pit.

Recommend 100%

Wish I had a contest this weekend!!!!!!

Wish he would do a class closer to here. I'd love to attend.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

My son and I just arrived home from Chris' class.

My head is still spinning!

So much information along with the basis for it.

So many things that make you say "Of course!"

His attention to detail makes it apparent why he is so successful.

I hadn't realized that he only does one class a year, so now I'm doubly glad made the trip this weekend.

Oh, and I found out what he does with 5 Hour Energy shots.

Chris' class was great!! I can't wait to start practicing and implement some of his techniques. There is a reason why he is one of the top cooks in barbecue.

Went to 2 of Chris' classes..... and learned a ton... book is great as well...

Could not recommend them any higher!!!

Still cooking on the "Twins" that I got from Chris...

Great teacher! Great Guy! Very straight forward and will always be upfront and answer questions.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I also went to the class. The amount of knowledge he has in his head is awesome. I gained many Aha moments this weekend. Very well done and recommended to everyone who I don't compete against.:clap2:

I attended too, great class, lots of great information and Chris was completely open to any and all questions.

So glad I got to take this right down the street from my house, not many people are that lucky. And the fact he only does 1 a year really makes me feel special. :)

Can't wait to start doing some test cooks and put what we learned to use!!!

I also attended the class. Even for the seasoned Pitmaster there is a lot of information to swallow. I came away with a wealth of information that I didn't expect. If you are looking to take a comp class I would say this is the one. Thank you Chris for a great weekend!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I want to say a BIG thank you to Chris. I had an 8 hour ride back from Hamburg, NY to MD and my head was spinning. Great, great class. His level of and commitment to detail is clearly why he is the caliber pitmaster that he is. He is a great guy too! One feedback to him would for him to have an assistant or on the compeitiion circuit known as a camp b...h. He worked his butt off.

Chris is successful for a reason. He knows how to not only craft but evolve techniques and flavor profiles and I believe that is what keeps him at the top at the heap year in year out. Still using a lot of what I learned from him a few years ago, and I'd say the ROI on that class is pretty high for our team.

Back