BBQ Brethren "Fast Food" Throwdown!

Yoda4.jpg

Ideas I have.
Time is struggle.
Happens to every Brethren sometimes this does.

Okay, I cooked my entry, and have the photos all ready, but the farking forum won't accept any farking photos, all of the sudden. The server must be "too busy." Who is the forum's service provider, and why isn't all this chit fixed, yet?

This is really starting to piss me off.

CD

When I first thought of the Fast Food Throwdown, the first menu item I thought of was the iconic Big Mac. Here is my version.

I started with two USDA Choice ground chuck patties, each weighing in at 1/2 pound, dusted with kosher salt and pepper. I made a special sauce with mayo, Sweet Baby Rays, and some Sriacha for some bite. I got some "living lettuce," which is literally lettuce with roots and some water at the bottom of the container keeping it alive. The cheese is Boar's Head white American, and some Vlassic pickles, and some red onion. I went with a kaiser roll, because that roll can handle a juicy burger and not fall apart.

Fast001.jpg

To get the triple bread thing working, I sliced out the center of one kaiser roll. I brushed a little Sesame oil on the roll before toasting to make up for the lack of sesame seeds.

Fast002.jpg

I grilled the burgers on the 18.5 OTS, mostly on direct heat. I melted two slices of cheese on each beef patty. I toasted the roll, and assembled my towering burger.

Fast003.jpg

I hope the photos show up. I had to open a farking photobucket account just to show you the pr0n. Being a mac user, I am used to stuff just working, so I get a little pissy when it doesn't.

FastDone.jpg

CD

Oh, how did it taste?

It was really good. Way better than a McD's version. Honestly, I had to deconstruct it to eat it. I can't eat a monster like that. I reduced it to a single layer, and ate that. The kaiser roll was definitely the right choice. It soaked up the meat juices without falling apart in my hands. I ate all but one bite, which I gave to psycho poodle. I have to give hime offerings, so he doesn't kill me in my sleep. :shocked:

The good news is I still have one of the patties, so I can have another good burger for lunch tomorrow.

I can't wait to see the creative entries from everyone else. I didn't do any sides, but maybe someone will do a kicka$$ "value meal." :hungry:

CD

Dayuuuum CD, you're a single male and you can cook! And wow, can you cook! Ya hear that ladies? Um, the single ones? CD can COOK!!!! OK, I'm just being ur cheerleader (never got to in highschool), so...Caseydog is what you want, Caseydog, yeah, uh huh! Yep, yep, uh hu...........I should go to bed now:icon_blush::becky:

Dayuuuum CD, you're a single male and you can cook! And wow, can you cook! Ya hear that ladies? Um, the single ones? CD can COOK!!!! OK, I'm just being ur cheerleader (never got to in highschool), so...Caseydog is what you want, Caseydog, yeah, uh huh! Yep, yep, uh hu...........I should go to bed now:icon_blush::becky:

I actually married a High School cheerleader, and she loved my cooking. But, that wasn't enough. I'm not looking for another wife, but I do appreciate your efforts on my behalf.

My wife could bake like you can't imagine. We made a pretty dayum good team in the kitchen. Really, she and I cooked the best Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us and a few of our friends that I have ever eaten in my entire life. I did my things, and she did hers, and there was no stress at all -- just good farking food.

Cooking is a cheap hobby, and you get to eat good food, too.

CD

FastDone.jpg

Great looking BigMac dog... Mc's is bland and dry while yours looks tasty and juicy... :clap2:

I dub thee McDog's BigDog... :becky:

Looks like we're off to a good start with a solid first entry! :thumb: Great job, CD!

Looks like we're off to a good start with a solid first entry! :thumb: Great job, CD!

Thanks!

I've been anxious all week to do this cook. I almost did it before the contest started. :doh:

Besides, I had to grab the Big Mac before someone else did. Of course, someone else can still do a Big Mac, if they want to. :boxing:

CD :becky:

Thanks!

I've been anxious all week to do this cook. I almost did it before the contest started. :doh:

Besides, I had to grab the Big Mac before someone else did. Of course, someone else can still do a Big Mac, if they want to. :boxing:

CD :becky:

They'd be foolish to try after your entry though...

Great job CD. I find it interesting that you also knew that sriracha was one of the ingredients of the secret sauce.

Who will be the first to enter a McRib?

You can still get a McRib? Now thats some good BarBQ!!! Just ribbing ya there.

I'll have to whipped up my deep fried Quarter Pounder with double bacon and mushrooms. Talk about an heart atack waiting to happen.

Back