• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ever Heard of Devils on Horseback?

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Bacon wrapped dates stuffed with cheese and grilled with a little BBQ sauce. I first discovered these at - no lie - a reception at the Alaska governor's mansion with Sarah Palin in early 2007. But more about that in the video of the cook, link below. Try these babies yourself! Awesome appetizer bites to blow your friends away.

https://youtu.be/H0O9ZDeGHug

Last edited:
Haven't ever heard or tried them so i can't say anything about that, but they look really gross. Well the 3rd pic from the top looks good.

Sorry, but in my mind, anything that is bacon wrapped has to be stuffed inside a jalapeno. I like the combination of sweet (date) savory (cream cheese) spicy (jalap) and salty (bacon). Now a date, snuggled inside a bed of cream cheese, jalapeno then wrapped in bacon. Then grilled to perfection. Yum Yum! You can put BBQ sauce on yours if you wish.

Never had them but just looking at the ingredients I would tear these up. I may have to try this sometime. Thanks.

My sister used to make them when I was a kid except she stuffed the dates with peanut butter.

Y'all came up with some super interesting stuffing alternatives! Wow. I might have to get a bit "creative" next time on these :) The possibilities are endless.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback! Smoke on ->

I made them a few years back using goat cheese. The first one takes you back a little as if you aren't sure if you will like them or not. Then, after having your 15th, you realize they are fantastic.

The way I've always had them is dates stuffed with gorgonzola or blue cheese and wrapped in bacon. I really like the bbq sauce addition. Definitely going to have to try that. Great looking cook!

Back