10X20 carport for comps?

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
they gpt a 10X20 carport at costco for 169.00 that i was thinling of getting for comps. its got rolldown sides and a vented roof and seems nice. any comments as to size or anything else, or suggestions of something better? thanks.

phil

I see alot of those at comps. here in New England. People who have them love them. It looks like they might be a bit harder to set up and take down than an ez-up.

We've been using a Costco car port for 6 years. Its weathered a few storms, too. It takes more time to put up than an EZ Up. Never owned one, so I don't know if they last as long or can take the same amount of abuse.

I almost bought one too but considered how hard it might be to put up at a comp.

I bought one last season. And while its nice once its setup, it adds at least an hour to site set-up/break-down. And you need two people. It also doesn't pack up compactly the way EZ-ups do.

My plan is to use my 2 ez-ups and only bring out the carport if there is significant rain expected.

We lost one EZ-Up (brand) at Rio Rancho this weekend. Strongly considering the steel tube carport.

i have been using that carport for 3 years. It has kept us dry at many an event. The easy-ups sag, saturate and then leak in any significant rain where these things are waterPROOF. Once you know the deal, they can go up in about 15 minuters and knock down in about the same. My 12 yo son is in charge of the canopy and he can do it alone until its time to lift the roof. Then ya ask 2 people to lift the corners of one side, and he puts in the legs, do it for the other side and he takes over alone again. IMHO, its worth the extra time. Downside is storage of all the pipes and canvas takes up room.

Are there some comps where the size of the site is regulated? I recall seeing one comp where you were only allowed 1 10x10 canopy, seems kind of tight to me. I'm looking for an EZ-Up or Caravan but have a Costco ragtop I could use until then?

the one i got at pep boys did not have the full sides included. they are $30 more. but the canvas is the same as the others as far as thickness. swamprb, so far all the comps i've done have had 20 +20 spaces.

Last edited:
The dream....EZ Up makes a 10x20 pop up that is awesome. They have one at the club I work at. Unfortunately, they cost around a grand....

I looked on Costco's web site for the 10x20 but can't seem to find it. Do you just have to go the store to get it?

I see alot of those at comps. here in New England. People who have them love them. It looks like they might be a bit harder to set up and take down than an ez-up.

I almost got one of these also but decided to go with a 10x15 EZ UP. The Costco one is very nice but I have seen guys put them up and it takes at least 2 probably 3 would be better. Sometimes I setup by myslef so it was too difficult for me. I hate work...:grin:

There were some times last season when I wish I had that sort of canopy instead of the EZ-UP. We were worried a few times about loosing one of the EZ-UP's to the wind last year.

I looked on Costco's web site for the 10x20 but can't seem to find it. Do you just have to go the store to get it?

they got one hanging up in the costco on sunrise highway in holbrook. thanks all for the input.

phil

We lost 2 Ez-ups at the same contest a couple of years ago. Now we use the 10x20 hercules. Takes a little longer to set up and take down but well worth the extra effort. We got two hercules bags to put the poles and canvas in and it works fairly well. The hercules was half the price of replacing 2 EZ-UPs.

I have put together the hercules myself - and just needed help to lift the sides to put the side poles in - there is always someone willing to help.

Back