• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My first ABTs w/pics

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
When I first learned of these from the Brethren, I knew it was something I was gonna have to try, so I added them to the meal plans for yesterday.

20110717_Turds_0340.JPG

I picked up six FAT jalapenos from the grocery store produce case and cut the tops off...

20110717_Turds_0341.JPG

I sliced each pepper lengthwise...

20110717_Turds_0342.JPG

I cleaned out the core, seeds and deveined as much as I could... I ordered a tool to perform this task that will hopefully make it a little easier next time around...

20110717_Turds_0349.JPG

I loaded them with some cream cheese that I had left sitting out on the counter for several hours to soften up...

20110717_Turds_0350.JPG

I used some Hillshire Farms litle smokies...

20110717_Turds_0351.JPG

Wrapped them up with some bacon and skewered with toothpicks...

20110717_Turds_0352.JPG

Tossed them on the kettle over indirect heat with some apple wood on the charcoal...

20110717_Turds_0355.JPG

I let them ride for 90 minutes or so around 275 degrees... they were awesome!

Looks mighty fine. I can't believe I still haven't tried little smokies like this.

Jalapeno boats, nice! Try using a Grapefruit knife to remove the innards sometime. I find the metal knives work the best when reaching down into the pepper.

Looks awesome JM, I did some the other day as well. I stopped cutting off the top though, I find the cheese runs out that way. :wink: They are so addictive though!

Cheers

You have come light years since your first posts! You are excelling quickly in the Q department. Another great looking cook!

Looks awesome JM, I did some the other day as well. I stopped cutting off the top though, I find the cheese runs out that way. :wink: They are so addictive though!

Cheers

ditto on leaving the tops on. i have found that a small melon baller (i think thats what it is??? i found it in the kitchen) works great for deveining.

im gonna try these this weekend!!! these and a fattie!!! never cooked either! i was salivating in bed last night tho looking through recipes and pics!

They do look good. Try adding grilled corn, goat cheese and freshly shaved white cheader to the cream cheese and baste them with a red peper-tomato sauce. Looks like you have them cooked perfectly.

Back