Ideas for People's Choice entry

BrewBQue

Found some matches.
We are cooking a local Charity event at the end of the month. (tune up the chicken and ribs). This competition has a "People Choice" entry. I have only cooked KCBS competitions to this point. My questions is: What should we cook for this entry? We have talked about everything from ABT's, MOINK balls, Fatties, Chuckies etc.. I would like to do something different than the run of the mill stuff. Anyone have any ideas?

BrewBQue
Killin' Time Cook Team.

My wife and I did a jumbo tiger prawn stuffed with pepper jack cheese and bacon wrapped on a skewer and grilled.

It didn't place, but I think we got about 15/65 teams that day. Not too bad. Not exactly the golden ticket but perhaps it may inspire your own idea.

I don't know how the one you are cooking is set up, but the problem with most people's choice contests is that you win with quantity more so than quality although that does play a part as well. I won two out of two of them that I competed in, and I did it by making the best pulled pork sliders that I could. About six butts worth. These weren't huge comps so I don't know how many spectators you will need to feed, but it can get expensive fast. Now if its a quantity controlled people's choice then by all means get creative, but if its just the general public walking up and sampling your food, then you will almost always be up against a team or two that cooks a ton of food.

Back