MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #1
MrSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Solar Q

I farking around outside and it's 110 deg. on the patio at 11:00am,i've got some babybacks on the Bandera and i'm thinking s*it it's hot. I put a thermometer on the s/s Char-Broiler next to 'dera and it's 200deg. So i'm thinking i have some polish aluminum left over from one of my trucks, what if i laminate some to the top of the firebox and three sides of the smoker and roll that sucker out the the full sun.SolarMod.Then sit in the A/C and drink beer
Arizona Chapter BBQ Brethren-----AZBarbeque Hall of Fame, North American Outdoors Grill,Charbroil Red, #7 Custom Red Kamado, Bandera
MrSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2004, 04:21 PM   #2
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

Go for it!

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
MrSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Go for it!
The hat is for Phil and great grandson is my apprentice,i 'll try it and let you know how it works.
Arizona Chapter BBQ Brethren-----AZBarbeque Hall of Fame, North American Outdoors Grill,Charbroil Red, #7 Custom Red Kamado, Bandera

Old 07-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
MrSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Picture

Sorry about the size of the picture, the setting was for e-mail and i thought that would be ok. Back to the drawing board.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:45 PM   #5
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

I wondered what slowed the site down1 LOL!! There is a photo riser program in the downloads section.

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
badger
Bash lurker

I reduced the size of the pic.
NB Bandera - modded.
Unknown Offset Horizontal- Looking for my babies daddy!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2004, 07:46 PM   #7
MrSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Thanks John, I am sorry for te brain f*art i'm sure there's many of us that were touched in someway buy 9-11. I have a employee from Jersy that had a lot of friends and family there. He brought the hat back for and i only put it on once in awhile. I will never forget!!!

Old 07-21-2004, 07:48 AM   #8
njmike
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Re: Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Thanks John, I am sorry for te brain f*art i'm sure there's many of us that were touched in someway buy 9-11. I have a employee from Jersy that had a lot of friends and family there. He brought the hat back for and i only put it on once in awhile. I will never forget!!!
We, the American People, should never forget that day. I spent 16 hours at Ground Zero on September 14th, the day President Bush came. The park-n-ride lot in our town had cars in the lot that the owners never came back for.

I see people bashing the President over this and it get's my Irish up.

I'll post what I wrote when I came home from Ground Zero that day, later today.

Let me get off my soap box now.

Michael