Son's Graduation Party on Sunday...

Smoke & Beers

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So my oldest is graduating from HS Sunday and of course, he said that he wanted only his Dad to to the smokin':mrgreen:
This will be my 2nd biggest gig, so I'm confident, but still have some of those jitters..
Here's what's cookin':
  • 2 CAB Briskets (one will be sliced and the other will be turned into burnt ends)
  • 2 Boston Butts for pulled pork
  • 4 slabs BB ribs
  • 2 slabs St Louis cut Spare ribs
  • 1- 2 lb Bacon weave wrapped Fatty with Cream Cheese & Jalapenos
  • 1- 2 lb Mushroom & Swiss Fatty
  • 1- 2 lb Apples & Cinnamon Fatty
  • 1- 2 lb JD Maple Syrup Fatty
  • ~ 100 MOINK Balls
  • And if I have the energy...a couple dozen ABT's
  • The wife and other family members are handling the sides (Thank You Honey!)
Gonna get started tomorrow... doing it all on my 2 UDS's and will be sure to post Pron throughout the process!

Dude, you go!

Congratulations on your youngins' graduation. I'm sure the guests will be talking about the fruit of your labor for years!

Last edited:
What a way to celebrate... congrats on the graduation! Sounds like you're setting a great standard for family graduation parties. :)

Have a great time smokin and get A LOT of rest before you start. ((yawn))

Shawn, sounds like a great time and know you will really enjoy it all. That's pretty cool he wanted you to cook. You gotta be proud of that. Congrats to the graduate from the brethren.

Major League Awesome! Congrats to your son...I'm sure the proud papa will add that extra special ingredient for his big day..."PRIDE"...:biggrin:

Pron Included...From Day 1

So I got up before the crack of dawn and started prepping and finally got things on the Drums around 8am. Here's a peek at some of the prep work...The CAB Briskets...one with Bovine Bold & the other with Willinghams Wham...both very good!
IMG_0491.jpg

Here's the butts...With some Yardbird and Weber's own Chicago Steak seasoning
IMG_0501.jpg

The set up:
IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0515-1.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

(yeah, my wife caught my foot in this picture)

And here's the final products:
IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

And the butts...
IMG_0532.jpg
\

Day II tomorrow...smoking ribs and will be prepping the Moink balls and fatties tomorow...

thanks for looking!

Back