Anyone use one of these for comps?

Looks like a great unit for contests. If you are thinking of catering though, it may not meet the health code requirements. (3 bay sink, handwash sink, air gap drain, etc.)

I'm a big fan of the toy hauler route. We've used ours for camping with the kids as much as bbq.....and you cannot give having a bed/ac/kitchen/shower/toilet enough praise for making it a more comfortable weekend.

Amen to that!

Yea it would need Some mods to be HD legal... But it would be a starting point.

yep using one myself.

Ours sleeps 4 shower toilet, sinks awning, has not helped our q but family is much happier.

7577096550_6a88c60581.jpg

Goddahavit that looks sharp! Do you roll ur smokers in the back and strap them down for travel?

What's ur thoughts on the one close by me for $7,500?

Goddahavit that looks sharp! Do you roll ur smokers in the back and strap them down for travel?

What's ur thoughts on the one close by me for $7,500?

I dont know alot ab out trailers, learning as i go. Price is nice,

looks good in the pictures, make sure the floor is solid and doesnt feel like it was wet.

that one looks to have 2 beds so it will sleep 2 be ready to be cozy it is a small trailer but it will work well for comps.

We roll out our cookers and no longer bring ezups, we squeeze under the awning.

not sure what you would have to do to cater out of it but for comps it works.

If i could find one a tad bigger that the beds could be down and the cargo wasnt under them it would be perfect. Something like the 19rr, but they are alot more expensive.

Looks like that would come in very handy! Perfect for a two man team.

I'm looking for something like this for comps. We are a small 2-3 man team so the size isn't an issue. I also like the idea of taking out at least 1 bed and maybe catering out of it. I like the extreme trailers but this is 1/2 the price and the same amenities

http://www.coachmenrvsource.com/rvinventory_item.asp?id=1040195

So did you buy this unit? I actually looked at this very one, as I live about 2 miles away from the dealership. I also want something to take the family camping in and thought this one might be a little too small for that task. It would probably work well for what you're wanting to do, though! Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

Ours is a 19 ft. box and about 33 feet overall with the ramp down.

IMG_0600.JPG

There are a few more pictures here...

https://picasaweb.google.com/113053...authkey=Gv1sRgCMqasJmq_erhygE&feat=directlink

and here...

https://picasaweb.google.com/113053...authkey=Gv1sRgCIyEwfSl-rH89wE&feat=directlink

We set up a prep table in the back in front of one of the couches (folded up) and I sleep on the other couch and my wife sleeps in the bed up front.

Nice. I like that. The back door must be pretty sturdy. With the weight of the cookers and walking on it, I would have thought it would need more support than just the two stands.

So did you buy this unit? I actually looked at this very one, as I live about 2 miles away from the dealership. I also want something to take the family camping in and thought this one might be a little too small for that task. It would probably work well for what you're wanting to do, though! Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

No I didn't, I prob won't make that move for another 6 months or so. But I've been trying to figure out if I want to buy a $10,000 porch trailer and then another couple grand to put sinks and cabinets, etc in it....

Is there any way to know if ur ramp is sturdy enough to do that other than just roll smokers out on it and hope it doesn't break?

Nice. I like that. The back door must be pretty sturdy. With the weight of the cookers and walking on it, I would have thought it would need more support than just the two stands.

There's actually three. It's rated at 2000 lbs and with both cookers and me I'm still under 1000.

Ok that makes sense. I didn't figure they rated stuff like that...

Good to know I can at least check into that.
It would be nice to not have to haul ez ups anymore but instead just use the awning.

Back