MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

Default Wicked Good in Texas

Hey guys. I have been around a while, but I needed some help. I am setting my company up as a distributor for Wicked Good charcoal in Texas. My company is an industrial distributor and has the capability to get this done. I am starting this out to make sure I always have a good dependable supply of WG for myself, but I am guessing that there are other people in the area who want this product as well. I have the capability to buy container loads if this grows correctly, so I can be a very solid supplier.

I don't want to get on the wrong side of the admins, so I really don't want to go too much further into my business plans. I hope this post isn't too spammy as it is not my intention is not to throw out some free advertising.

The main reason I am putting this out there is that I do want to advertise with this site as soon as I get up and running and want to know the best way to go about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, Weber 26" Kettle with Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment. Lonestargrillz 42" pellet grill on order.
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Haveuseen1?
Full Fledged Farker

You might want to check out the green egg forum and then do a search for Wicked Good. Wicked Good is always a topic of discussion there, the good the bad, and the ugly.
Haveuseen1? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingador View Post
Hey guys. I have been around a while, but I needed some help. I am setting my company up as a distributor for Wicked Good charcoal in Texas. My company is an industrial distributor and has the capability to get this done. I am starting this out to make sure I always have a good dependable supply of WG for myself, but I am guessing that there are other people in the area who want this product as well. I have the capability to buy container loads if this grows correctly, so I can be a very solid supplier.

I don't want to get on the wrong side of the admins, so I really don't want to go too much further into my business plans. I hope this post isn't too spammy as it is not my intention is not to throw out some free advertising.

The main reason I am putting this out there is that I do want to advertise with this site as soon as I get up and running and want to know the best way to go about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Contact BBQChef33

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

There was a period earlier in the year when they were nearly (or were) out of stock. When available again, there were reports the quality was not as good as it used to be. But apparently more recent bags have improved.

An Ace Hardware in Friendswood used to stock WG, but not anymore. There aren't any other places that stock WG in Houston to my knowledge, so you would be filling a void.

As mentioned above, check other forums for threads about WG. Eggheads seem to burn a fair bit of it.

Rockwood charcoal from St. Louis gets good reviews (I think The Naked Whiz site has also reviewed it). If you stocked Rockwood, I would be a customer for sure! The owner of the company hangs out on the egghead forum.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Jaspaq
Found some matches.

It might not do well because Texas already has a good supply of good coal B&B made in Weimar.
Jaspaq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks guys. I used to buy mine from the same Ace hardware store. I was a member at Golfcrest CC and used to stop by there on weekends to stock up. My idea to become a distributor was mainly born from wanting to take care of my needs. The owner has assured me that the new stock is back to being the product that we have all liked. I am buying 4 pallets and will use some myself to see how it measures up. To be honest guys I don't need the money but if I can fill a niche I will do it. If this new stock doesn't measure up I will only have 4 pallets to worry about and will look at other options.

I want to supply a top tier charcoal. That really isn't available right nowmin this ara in my opinion. With all due respect b & b is a crap shoot. It is good product when it leaves the factory but it is handled so often and so roughly by the big box stores like HEB and Academy that it is broken up too much by the time it gets to the consumers house. For that reason I will never market to the big box stores. To be honest I have Ben limping along with Cowboy and Central Market mesquite and cannot wait to get the WG in

I wil report back when I do

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, Weber 26" Kettle with Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment. Lonestargrillz 42" pellet grill on order.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

B&B is pretty good, but the old WG was noticeably better. However, B&B is cheaper. It does get banged up by the time its on the shelf, but i have had pretty good luck by making sure that I buy bags off a pallet on the floor instead of off the shelf.

I would still suggest that you look into Rockwood too. If you're looking for a niche, that might be it since you could be the only distributor for a couple of states around Texas. WG is available in San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas, but Rockwood isn't yet. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with them in any way.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

I will look into it