MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default New features for Subscribers.

Theres a new option on the menu bar folks. "Community". I have upgraded the social networking features of the forum and tied it together with your user profiles. This is an enhancment to 2 seperate and existing features that are availble in the subscriptions. Non subscribers can view these albums(if allowed by album owner) as well as view the social groups. To create or post requires a subscription.

It ties together the social networking with user profiles and now, a photo gallery. Our exisiting photo gallery was not only under utilized, but got hit by spammers recently and they attached a russian dating site to 10,000 photo comments. I will be shutting that down once i get the photos transferred over.

Subscribers now have a photo album attached to their profiles that can be cross linked to the social groups. Sizes of these albums will be set at very generous levels based on subscription level. It will give members photo bucket type abilities right on this site.

The socal groups have been catagorized and we can create new catagories as we go, upon request.

So what this gives subscribing members a large photobucket, within the forum and inside your member profile. The photos can be set as private, or public or profile only. The albums, or individual photos can be attached to social groups and displayed in a community photo gallery.

For instance, one of our drum freaks can have several photo albums in his user profile. He can also joing the Drum Corps social group, and link the group to one(or several) of his albums.

Give this stuff alook, and let me know of any problems.

If you are a social group owner, please add a photo avatar to your social group. This will get rid of all those question marks in the group heading. You can add the picture in the EDIT GROUP option when you open the group.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

going to check er out

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Cool! Thanks Phil!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Westexbbq

The East Coast Brethren group now has an avatar!
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Brauma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
No Need.. Clean shaven, just for you.
Ah yes, Christmas, Community, freshly shaven butts... I'm feelin the love of the season.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
Leeper
Full Fledged Farker

OK - I looked all over. How does one "join" a social group? I found the subscription option for the group postings but I can't figure out how to request membership in a group.
Weber Kettle
Weber Summit Platinum D6
La Caja China #2
Leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
Brauma

Question: Does this tie into your contacts & friends? I've never really been sure how that's supposed to work.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
HumboldtSmokeBBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Thank you for all of your hard work.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #9
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeper View Post
OK - I looked all over. How does one "join" a social group? I found the subscription option for the group postings but I can't figure out how to request membership in a group.
Its the Purchased Subscriptions that enable the social networking feature. The "join" option does not appear without a subscription.

Subscriptions from within the groups are for emailing notifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauma View Post
Question: Does this tie into your contacts & friends? I've never really been sure how that's supposed to work.
No, the contacts and friends lists are really for shortcuts to profiles, which can get u to common social groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtSmokeBBQ View Post
Thank you for all of your hard work.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrades