Welcoming the Newest Lone Star Product to My Home

How many days till Delivery.? I figure your are already counting down the days......

Last edited:
Very helpful feedback, thank you. Do you mind giving your thoughts on the charcoal basket and Ash pan?

Charcoal basket IMO is not necessary and the fire tends to jump the dividers. The ash pan weighs a ton and the ash seems to find its way under it so you are still cleaning out ash from the FB anyway. Cleaning out the FB takes no time at all, if you want an ash pan make one that is tighter fitting and of thinner lighter material.

I bought this oval wash tub from a local hardware store to scrape out FB ash into when I clean out my FB It is just wider than my FB.

IMG_20160816_125559266.jpg

Last edited:
I buy really thin sheets of aluminum. You can bend them easily to the size you need. Cutting is no issue either. I've had one in use for 4 years. Still looks good. Good advice above about making it fit as tightly as possible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

All you weakie woosies..... I am one too. Three back surgeries here. I have the LSG ash pan. Yes, it is heavy. I also have the 1/2 inch fire grate which also weighs a million pounds. When I clean out my fire box I brush off any remaining ash on the grate. Then.... I slide out the ash pan but not completely.... I brace and angle it against the fire grate and take my small broom and dust pan and clean out the pan. The pan is never removed completely from the firebox. No heavy lifting. I then take my small ShopVac and totally clean out the pan, any ash on the bottom of the firebox and then the fire grate. Ends up with no ash at all in the firebox. I then follow up with a spray and rub of the walls and interior of the firebox door with canola oil. End up with a completely new looking firebox interior. All black and shiny.

Necessary? Not really.... but I am never going to have to replace my fire grate, ash pan or smoker for that matter. :-D

I bought the ash pan and stopped using it for the same reason (heavy AF). I like the baking sheet idea. Is it just a regular full sized sheet? Aluminum or steel?

Full size (18" x 24" ??) and aluminum. P/M sent. :thumb:

Back