• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What's your best craigslist score

in upstate ny, where smokers aren't overwhelmingly popular on craigslist, i found this for $150:

IMG_20100720_160322.jpg

Very nice! Sweet find.

I got a red performer used only about a dozen times with a rotessery for only $75.00 with original cover, chimney, and tools.
IMG-20110404-00066.jpg

IMG-20110404-00067.jpg

IMG-20110404-00068.jpg

IMG-20110404-00069.jpg

This is what the inside of the lid looked liked.
IMG-20110404-00070.jpg

I picked up a Weber Genesis 1000 for $20 with the tank. It needed flavorizer bars and burner tubes.

Weber 18" One Touch Silver for $10 or $15 (I forget). It also came with half a bag of charcoal.

Small BGE for $175, used twice. w/ cover and platesetter.

OK Fess up. How many of you, after reading or posting here, zipped over to CL for a quick look see?

I have only had 2 CL finds (that I actually went after), which after reading some of the deals you all have got....I'm not so sure they would be considered "scores"

My Platinum for $100, and a OTG for $50 both in the pic below. Both only needed some very minor elbow grease though.
0ca0e62c.jpg

An 18 1/2" WSM (with wooden handle) only used 4 times, with original HD cover, new Weber Chimney and new cooking grate.....$75 and only 4 miles from my house.

I'm addicted. I just bought a smoker off CL last weekend and keep checking it constantly now. Already plotting how I can unload the one I just bought if I find a better one! Need to stop....in guitar forums they call this GAS....guitar acquisition system. I think I've replaced the G with Grill. Or maybe SAS?

The best deal (while not technically on CL) was a neighbor around the corner having a garage sale and near the end when they were putting things out to the curb for the vultures, they sold me a 1970's Kamado (older ceramic) kooker for $5.. It had some fixes needed which I've documented elsewhere here but worked like a charm last time I used it.. Not bad for $5..

I think my best score would be my Univex PrepSaver 4509 slicer I got for $75.
New they are close to $1000!!:becky:
It was from a restaurant that went under, and seems barely used...

Also pretty happy with my $80 Performer (2001 model)...

That ranch for $30 might be the best CL score I've heard of!!!!! Awesome!!! My best deal was a $5 red kettle for my uds build. Had a chance recently to buy a 27" weber kettle in newer shape for $20 and passed...Should have snagged it!!

brickie

I'm gonna have to say it was my Whalen 37.5 inch King Kettle that was used 5 times and cleaned up like it was almost straight out of the box for $300. it's not a fuel hog and is fantastic for indirect cooks.

100_7393.jpg

I would LOVE something like this. And I'd say at $300, it's a STEAL! Nice score!:thumb:

Back