Having trouble finding Timberline 1300

EyeBurnEverything

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Everywhere seems to be out of stock. Does Treager build these to order? Income tax is approaching and i am impatient and an impulse buyer. Also, i am set on buying a pellet smoker.

I don't think they are built to order, I have seen stock around here recently.

My local Traeger dealer is Ace Hardware and they don't keep them in stock but they can order them.

For $2k I'd be looking at the Mak 1 Star unless you need more capacity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

says the guy with multiple $75 pellet cookers
$109 and $700 if anyone is counting... :confused:
I'd buy one now that i realize pellets are not that evil but the rest of my $10k in cookers might get nervous about how attached i really am to them.... :mad:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’d also look at the new Rectec BFG. Little more money but has more capacity than the Timberline. It has the WiFi controller etc as well

Since this will be my first pellet smoker, can someone tell me if i can control the burn with the Timberline series? I am actually not looking for smoke. I want a clean burn with no billowing smoke. I am a little concerned about this because Treager's promo's show a lot of smoke coming out the rear. I am hoping that is optional?

Several of the grill makers have WiFi now. Pitts and spitts, blazen, gmg, rectec, Mak, Memphis.

In terms of smoke, all pellet grills have lighter smoke at higher temps so if you run at something like 275 if will be a very light flavor. You also can choose pellet brands/types that are lighter. Lumberjack for instance has the bark and has a stronger smoke flavor than most others. Mesquite is stronger than something like a maple and cherry blend etc.

What features are you looking for?
WiFi is a must. I have plenty of electric , gas, charcoal smokers that i can digitally control via bluetooth and i wont settle for anything less then WiFi control.

I am also looking for the bare minimum space to smoke a small hog.

Back