Randy Twyford out of Jacksonville, IL(Ulcer Acres BBQ Competition team) on Master Chef tonight

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks! A good friend of ours will be appearing tonight on the new Fox Reality Series, Masterchef. Randy Twyford out of Jacksonville, IL(Ulcer Acres BBQ Competition team) is one of the contestants! If they let Randy wear his normal garb, he'll be the guy in bib overalls and a red shirt. The show airs tonight at 8:00 CST on Fox, check your local listings to be sure. Go get em' Randy!

Thanks for the heads up Ash.. I will try to catch the show. :thumb:

I've cooked against Randy a few times and he is really a Stand Up Guy!! Congrats and good luck Randy!! I will be tuning in.

I saw the commercial last week..I think he also goes by "Twyford BBQ and Catering".

At the Illinois State Championship in Shannon he placed first in sausage and we placed 2nd :cool:.

Yeah... Randy and Marla switched to Twyford BBQ and Catering last year. Good people.

Thanks for the heads-up, Ash! I already had it set to record, but i double-checked.

May not have been the best advertising for his catering business.

Judges weren't impressed, I thought Masterchef was supposed to be for amateur cooks. He has a catering business?

I have known Randy a long time and also had at a contest I organized as well as competed against him. That said something had to have gone wrong while he was preparing the stuff behind the scenes. He couldnt cook a bad dish in his life. I turned it off after Randy but what I thought was interesting is they gave a apron to the guy with the Kraft Mac n Cheese. WTF I would have flushed him....

He had a bad day. I've sampled some of his stuff, and he CAN FLAT OUT COOK. Lesson to be learned....if you cook on reality TV be prepared to get roasted if something goes wrong.

Congrats to Randy for taking advantage of the opportunity and taking a risk!

Yeah, Randy is a stand up guy and a great cook. I'd like to see Gordon Ramsey on the Pitmaster head to head with Randy and see who's walking.

BTW, Is Joe Bastianich the Monopoly guy?

This shows gonna be total BS. If Randy started crying and brought a basket full of kittens he would have made it through. Every chef can have a bad day! I bet that dish would be good under normal circumstances.

I am surprised the old lady that undercooked her pasta made it. That plate looked like a mess.

I made it through three rounds of castings for that show and got cut in the final round. Kinda glad it happened after seeing them roast one of our own.

I takes a lot of guts to go on national TV like that! I know that i wouldn't have made it past the first round! I give Randy a lot of credit for trying and making it onto the show! I wish he could have gone farther, but it is what it is!

Come on guys, they know who the 30 apron winners are before the taping even starts.

Back