BBQ Brethren "Food from a place you'd like to visit" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Food from a place you'd like to visit!"[/size]
suitcase-front-10.jpg

Anonymous photo.

...as chosen by Gore, the winner of the Fried Throwdown!

Food from a place you'd like to visit (or revisit). Explanations and/or vacation photos are optional but not required -- or if you wish you can make it a photo essay!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/21 through Sunday 5/30.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 5/30.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 5/31 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 6/4. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Roots Throwdown until Sunday night 5/23 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Something Stuffed Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

This one should open the flood gates my wheels are turning.

Oh nice, One question?

Can we use a camel on the grill and still be eligible to enter the throw down?

I have always wanted to visit Rocklin, maybe I can make MOINK balls, then again, L.A. calls to me so maybe some bacon candy with butter on the side.

Hmm this one is really interesting this could be absolutely anything. What if I want to visit Mars or say Jupiter? Can I submit alien rack of ribs from all the aliens I kill along the way? I've seen all the alien movies so I'm pretty sure I know everything there is on how to exterminate them. I sure hope I can get back to earth to submit my photos by next sunday.

I have to say that I actually don't think I'll be able to make my mind up on this one. Too many choices, although, What if someone made a basketball sized sausage ball and use a different blend of sausage to put the shape of the continents into is, someone could say they cooked the world! :becky:

I have to say that I actually don't think I'll be able to make my mind up on this one. Too many choices, although, What if someone made a basketball sized sausage ball and use a different blend of sausage to put the shape of the continents into is, someone could say they cooked the world! :becky:
Nah, just do a big circle and save money on meat. Call yourself a "Flat Worlder".:heh:

I swear, if I ever win a throwdown it's gonna be "Anything goes...as long as the cook is in drag. Pics of the cook required."

I had a guy at work bring me alien ribs once. GREEN RIBS darnest thing I've ever seen.:crazy:

Hmm this one is really interesting this could be absolutely anything. What if I want to visit Mars or say Jupiter? Can I submit alien rack of ribs from all the aliens I kill along the way? I've seen all the alien movies so I'm pretty sure I know everything there is on how to exterminate them. I sure hope I can get back to earth to submit my photos by next sunday.

Al, No problem getting to Jupiter or back. It's only a mile or so from where I live. They even have street names like Venus & Mars. :clap2::clap2:

If you get lost, just PM me.:laugh:

One of my first jobs in my 20's was driving for an express delivery company. They had a very liberal motel and food allowance so that you wouldn't have to dead-head home. I took full advantage of it, staying out weeks at a time just taking deliveries farther and farther from home to see everything I could. I wish now that I had my new found addiction to all things BBQ back then. :doh:

Inspired by an old post from barbefunkoramaque, I would love to have visited these Texas Brisket Meccas.

PlacesIdliketovisit.jpg

While I was on the road I used to love the 'steak and eggs' at the big truck stops. Sometimes I would eat steak and eggs at all three meals! :icon_bugeyed

With that in mind, I enter my very 1st Throwdown with my 1st Brisket.

details here if interested: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85267

Brisket and Eggs with a small spinach and aged balsamic vinegar salad.

1stBrisket017.jpg

Back