• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Heading out to Hammond

Dustaway

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ok Guys wish me luck will be doing my first KCBS event this weekend with BigJim and this one has some heavy hitters. Jay the spice will be in full view of Mike Davis and Bad Byron's Butt Rub she should get a lot of attention :-D

I keep telling myself that even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while :twisted:

He is cooking with a top notch cooker. Ole BigJim is rapidly becoming one of the premier cookers. Good luck Dustaway. Say hello to ZeeMan for me.

Best of Luck Brother!! Hope this is Your time to be that "Blind Hog":biggrin: :biggrin: :twisted:

It'll be good for those guys to see a Spicewine again.....I know Byron did 3 years ago in Charleston MO, when there was like only 4 of Jays cookers out on the competition trail. My, how things have changed!

Best of luck and here's hoping that nothing unforseen happens and you turn out the best Q you can!

No acorns found this weekend boys

hint when you buy your briskets from a meat supplier make damn sure it's what it's supposed to be I was in charge of the brisket & chicken well needless to say hard to win with select briskets in an KCBS event let alone any event they were supposed to be CAB I never looked in the paper bag just stuck them in the fridge, pulled them out in Hammond and let's just say that was the start to a beautiful weekend
mad5.gif

actually the weekend wasn't that bad overall had a good time visiting with Mike Davis, Bad Byron, James Britt & a bunch of others

the rain held off until the awards then all hell broke loose they had to move them in doors, not sure if I like the 30 min turn in times overall I would do this event again because they really took care of the teams with feeding us to making sure we had everything we needed

out of 57 teams we ended up 29th better than dead ass last

Back