Sausage making with Swamprb

NorthwestBBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I went over to my friend brian's house yesterday and we made 4 different recipes for Sausage. It was the first time for me and I learned a lot. We ended up with about 18 pounds of product.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Micheal
I also made sausages recently for the first time, it a pretty delicious process. Nice looking pics. did you smoke any of them?

Last edited:
good lookin sausages Micheal. Thanks for the post
Bing

Last edited:
Northwest BBQ,
I like the lard press for stuffing! so what kind did you end up making???

Great lookin sausage. What kind of tubes where on the stuffer? They don't look like the old aluminum ones

**Pacific Northwest Sausage Party!**

Nice pics Michael!

Looks like bingo has it down too!

This was my second attempt at sausage making, and I still have a lot to learn!
I used the dried and salted "homepack" sausage casings, and it doesn't say how much they yield, but we only had one and a half length of gut leftover, and I ground 17lbs of pork and 2lbs of beef.

IMG_1441.jpg

Soaked the casings overnight then rinsed them out.

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

17lbs boneless butts

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

NorthwestBBQ doin' the bump n' grind!

IMG_1457.jpg

I recently had shoulder surgery, so I left the heavy lifting to Michael!

IMG_1458.jpg

We played it safe this time out and took a couple recipes from Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue book, 5 pounds of Andouille (with Simply Marvelous Season-All!) 4 pounds of Mexican Hot Mamma, and 5 pounds of the Sweet Italian.

BUT! The hands down favorites were the Jalapeno/Cheddar links from Dr. BBQ's Big Time cookbook! These were AWESOME! I wish we made more of these!

Sunday I smoked the Andouille and the Hot's in the Cookshack Smokette with Pecan.

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

Still learning-so welcome any tips or advice for future adventures in sausage making. I'm thinking the Bandera would accomadate more sausage hanging from rods and they could get more of a cold smoke? We'll see!

Great lookin sausage. What kind of tubes where on the stuffer? They don't look like the old aluminum ones

I think it's an 11/16" tube, smaller diameter than the aluminum tube that came with the stuffer. Allied Kenco.

fantastic lookin meat tubes! was that jap & ched in one of those??

I have the stand mixer & the grinder, just need to find a stuffer... brian interested in sharing any recipes? PM?? =)

Edit: Ha! thot those we japs & ched! Double D meats makes a pepperoncini & garlic that is killer! Miss those as much as my pa'...

OK, got to get out the sausage grinder down from the closet. It ended up there after making some lamb sausage. The first 10 pounds or so tasted great, but the last 10+, just got sick of them. Lesson learned was more variety! That looks really good!

DANG!!! You two rocked them links. That's a lot of sausage. That sausage stuffer looks really cool? Is it CI? How old is it? Looks like one sturdy stuffer. I'd hit a few of each flavor! Nicely done, fellas.

That is some great looking sausage boys. I so want some sausage now.

Thanks for the pics! Them look great! I'm looking forward to making mine also.

:eek: I saw a pan of ground sausage in one pic. then a pic of a parrot, then a pic ground sausage with green and yellow stuff on top! Tell me that wasn't the parrot added to the pan of meat!!!
Looks like some good eating !!

:eek: I saw a pan of ground sausage in one pic. then a pic of a parrot, then a pic ground sausage with green and yellow stuff on top! Tell me that wasn't the parrot added to the pan of meat!!!
Looks like some good eating !!

*Polly wanna hot dog?*

You have to grind em' hed first or they stick their legs out to keep from going down the chute. and bite you. :icon_smil Shredded Tweet?

Sorry for your loss Brian.

Back