bad maverick?

...Dave

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
just got et732, put in sensors and powered up, now sitting at room temp bbq reads 77 but food reads 95 ... wtf?

im no rocket surgeon, but shouldnt they both read the same?

... and no way its 95 in here with the a/c on

swap the probes and see if you have a bad port.

edit: more likely a bad probe. I have 2 mavericks and 6 probes just in case.

probes are the week link on the Mavericks. i would call support and see if you can get it replaced if it hasn't been that long.

think ill just take the hit and order a new one, until then ill just do a little fudging with the alarm numbers and double check internals with a basic meat thermo.

The replacement probes are longer too which helps, I ordered replacement probes with mine and never used the short 3 foot probes.

I like the dual/combo meat/pit probes better.

Good Maverick!

1042.jpg

I got my maverick ET 732 the other day and both probes read 32 degrees in a glass of ice water and both read the boiling point in boiling water. I doubled checked with my thermopen .

I own one. Worked twice then died. Do not waste your money on Chicom POS junk.

Last edited:
I recently ordered a 733. It survived to the second cook and one probe died. They sent me two new probes free of charge, but it reads 37° on one side and 46° on the other in ice water. Switch out the probes and the reading stay the same, so the unit it's self is not reliable.
Back to my el cheapo Taylor thermometers until they decide what to do about the 733

Back