Half-Arsed Filet Mignon Carne Crosta Dinner Cook

Taylormade

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Scott
Apologies up front for the lack of detail in this cook, but it was last minute and so danged quick and delicious that the pics didn't happen. I've read here that carne crosta likes the traditional searing process and not the reverse due to releasing of oils.

This was the first time in over 5 year I haven't done a reverse sear or sous vide and I'll tell ya... I liked it!

So, how did we get there? First I fired up the side burner on the pit and got the Lodge up to temp.

IMG-3980.jpg

I tossed the filets rubbed with Oakridge Carne Crosta in for about 2 minutes per side before tossing them onto my propane grill with my Amaze-n smoking tube with pecan at 300 degrees. Sorry, no pics of this phase as I was trying to rush to...

Getting the onions and mushrooms going on the side burner of the Jenn-Air.

IMG-3983.jpg

Tossed them in a bit of EVOO and used some Santa Maria seasoning from Oakridge to season them.

Wife cooked a baked potato for us to split as well as some broccoli.

IMG-3984.jpg

Came out fantastic! Sorry for the lack of quality pics but wanted to share as this was a cook that didn't (directly) involve a smoker of any kind. Propane handled all the heating and it was awesome.

Back