MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
clweed
On the road to being a farker

Default Outgrowing a Large BGE

I love my BGE but I need more room. My thought was to buy another Egg but now I am thinking maybe a Pitmaker safe or vault is the way to go.

What have others added to the their BGE.
clweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
MossyMO
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Marty Owens

There is always the XL BGE...
MossyMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
eggzlot
Take a breath!

you can go to the ceramic grill store and get an adjustable rig to give you 2 extra racks.

I have an XL egg and at times I feel I've outgrown it and need more real estate space (I have the Adj Rig for the XL egg).

Part of me has thought about getting an insulated vertical smoker, but for just back yard needs, I think I may just get another XL Egg. I already have all the toys needed (plate setter, woo and stone, adjustable rig, pizza stone, etc), so I can be making pizzas on one egg while smoking something on another, or can smoke on both eggs if needed. If its just for backyard cooking, I think 2 L or XL eggs is likely enough. If you are talking about the itch to compete, do catering, etc, you are likely better off looking at a Pitmaker or something along those lines.
eggzlot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
rhastings6
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I've recently upgraded from the Primo Oval to a gravity feed insulated smoker and couldn't be more excited or happy! I looked for over 6 months at Pitmaker Safe, Stumps and superior. I ended up with Superior SS-3 for a few reasons. Price and quality! Price was right for backyard weekender and didn't have to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery

Old 07-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
hav
is one Smokin' Farker

Ahhem...

Sorry couldn't help it.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=164916
14" Table Top Kettle Grill; Turkey Fryer; [B][I][COLOR=red]Rapid-Fire-Red[/COLOR][/I][/B] Thermapen!; [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I]Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE![/I][/B][/COLOR]
hav is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
LMAJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

A second Egg and a Traeger.
Have you added an adjustable rig yet?
How much more capacity you looking for?
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
mep
Full Fledged Farker

I was in a similar situation and started looking at different pits. The Pitmaker Safe was one of my first options. After doing more research on smokers I decided to go with the Assassin Smoker. It is a gravity fed smoker that has a large capacity and it has a Guru included in the price. You will find it similar to smoking on the BGE. They are very compatible and compliment each other. I've only had my Assassin for a few weeks but I am impressed by it.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #8
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Pit Barrel Cooker. 269 free shipping lower 48. Great cooker, company and website. Buy it and don't look back.