Pellet Envy Cooking Class

lwest99

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I took the Pellet Envy cooking class this weekend and thought it was great. Rod is a fellow brethren and the class is incredible. The class is packed full of tips to imporve your BBQ. They also walk through all their recipes including the brisket and the 180 ribs. Those ribs are incredible and if I attend a contest where they are cooking, well... there is always 2nd.

Thanks Rod and Sheri.

Last edited:
I took the Pellet Envy cooking class this weekend and thought it was great. Rod is a fellow brethren and the class is incredible. The class is packed full of tips to imporve your BBQ. They also walk through all their recipes including the brisket and the 180 ribs. Those ribs are incredible and if I attend a contest where they are cooking, well... there is always 2nd.

Thanks Rob and Sheri.

Took Rod's first class. Was nice to eat he real contest food. Did he cook solely on his FEC's? I heard Bill Arnold attended the class as well.

Todd, He cooked all entries on both the Pellet and the Geer offset. Bill Arnold was there and I got to meet Fast Eddy, and Johnny Trigg was also there so I got a lot of tips from him. Johnny and Rod are teaching another class pretty soon and that would be pretty entertaining.

Todd, He cooked all entries on both the Pellet and the Geer offset. Bill Arnold was there and I got to meet Fast Eddy, and Johnny Trigg was also there so I got a lot of tips from him. Johnny and Rod are teaching another class pretty soon and that would be pretty entertaining.

Rod was saying that he and Trigg might do a class together.

I'd like to go to TN and take the Rod/Johnny class - but it is the same weekend as Laurie's contest. I'm emailing Rod to see if there are going to be others...

I was at his first class in DeSoto and agreed that it was great info and nice to eat some comp turn ins. I wish he cooked more on his Geer though

Andy,

I sent you a response. We're working on it. I'd love to do more classes, but it limits our weekends to cook. Plus, it takes two days to recover. It's one thing to cook a simulated contest on two different styles of pits at the same time, but when you throw in walking, talking and chewing gum, it takes a lot out of us.

Hey Dan, you liked the product that came off of the Geer pit better? Some folks did for sure. I have to cook by myself when I take that pit out. It's the long distance pit. How's the new pit?

Lee, it was great to meet you in person. I loved your questions. Thank you for the kind words. Good luck with your competition bbq!

Rod

Last edited:
Andy, I sent you a response. We're working on it. I'd love to do more classes, but it limits our weekends to cook. Plus, it takes two days to recover. It's one thing to cook a simulated contest on two different styles of pits at the same time, but when you throw in walking, talking and chewing gum, it takes a lot out of us. Rod

Thanks for the quick response Rod. I'll stay tuned! :-D

Thanks Rod I hope I did not overload you with questions. Just FYI I liked the Geer Pit the best also.

Andy,

I sent you a response. We're working on it. I'd love to do more classes, but it limits our weekends to cook. Plus, it takes two days to recover. It's one thing to cook a simulated contest on two different styles of pits at the same time, but when you throw in walking, talking and chewing gum, it takes a lot out of us.

Hey Dan, you liked the product that came off of the Geer pit better? Some folks did for sure. I have to cook by myself when I take that pit out. It's the long distance pit. How's the new pit?

Lee, it was great to meet you in person. I loved your questions. Thank you for the kind words. Good luck with your competition bbq!

Rod

I liked everything you smoked Rod and I understand it being more work working with 2 pits, especially a stick burner and the attention it needs! The new Spicewine is working out fantastic, let me know if you want me to smoke somethin up for ya :cool:

I thought the Ribs were best out of the FE and the brisket out of the Geier was the best I ever had, I swear. However, I'm finding that the FEC is a fantastic brisket cooker. I've never made briskets better than off of my FEC. A 1st and 2nd at comps has made me a believer.

Back