My lengua experiment

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm doing my experiment cook. Beef tounge. We usually boil with a whole onion, salt, pepper. It takes about 3-4 hours and according to my wife its done until the tounge skin comes off very easy.. I'm going to do this in my smoker and treat it like a brisket. Except I'm not looking for a temp to finish.....here's my little tease. More pictures to follow later regardless of result...

1364088839.jpg

1364088836.jpg

Sounds like a great experiment. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

I believe you'll have better luck boiling to remove skin and then smoking.
Anxious to see how this works for you. (guinea pig mod) ;)

I think there are some old threads with pron of someone who smoked a tongue. I love eating tongue. I've only had it boiled and then I usually sautee it until some of the edges are crisp it is awesome. Good luck.

Love me some lengua! I've never smoked it though! Good luck, looking forward to seeing the results!

I agree with your wife. I did not smoke mine as long, however. I prefer a firm texture to my tongue. And it is a very lean meat. You'll have to let us know how that works.

To anyone who's enjoyed tongue - looks good!

(I like the Keurig B60 as well. :wink: )

It was a success!!! the beef tounge came out perfect!!! better than expected...

I seasoned with salt and pepper. Garlic and onion powder. Smoked with kingsford only running a temp of 250. It took 6 hours 22 min. internal finish temp was 212. I foiled at 160. Skin came off like butter. Here are some pictures and to be honest I will never boil tounge again. Thanks for looking.

1364179724.jpg

1364179726.jpg

1364179638.jpg

1364179845.jpg

1364179652.jpg

1364179749-1.png

1364179749.jpg

Those tacos look very good. Can you describe the taste/texture for those of us who have never eaten beef tongue?

I'm just not sure I want to try this, yet. What makes this different, or worth trying than other beef meals?

CD

Back