Bangers and Mash

Every time I hear bangers and mash, I think of a talk show I saw many long years ago when I was young. They had a guest from England who was demonstrating their food. He put a pile of mashed potatoes on a platter and then stuck hot dogs in it. Even as a young kid I thought that was pretty funny. :rofl:

Needless to say your bangers and mash look a whole lot better. :hungry: The sausages look like what we call brats (bratwurst.) Do you know if that's what you have?

Interesting sample of posters. One from each of UK, USA & Holland then 3 Aussies. Must be the time zones.
John
I caught that as well, very cool this whole internet thing. :becky:

"Bangers and mash". Not only looks great, even the terminology is fantastic!

Your Avatar has not been by Northwest BBQ in a long time. :sad:

I give up on me.

Sorry Michael! Meant to only use the temp for a day or so. :icon_blush: Back to my all time fave.:thumb:

Looks great! One of my favorite comfort food dishes. Did you add brown mustard to your mash?

Hmmm, never had bangers like that, always had them dry with a condiment on the side. That looks terrific Titch

So, what's the signifigance of the term "banger"?
The "Masher", I get, but "banger"????

That looks great. How did you make the red wine onion gravy?

Thank you.
Sweat onions off with Garlic in butter untill slightly brown.
Add 2 cups of Good red wine and simmer untill reduced by half.
Add 2 cups of beef stock/broth untill reduced by half,add seasoning to taste.
Add a touch of cornflour/or whatever thickener to the required density.
Tastes bloody nic over steak as well.
cheers.
Titch

Can we have this recipe?

Done above mate,sausage is cooked with smoke indirect,then scorched for a minute.
cooking is finished in the sauce.
cheers.
Titch

Looks great! One of my favorite comfort food dishes. Did you add brown mustard to your mash?

No, but I am going to try that ,
cheers.
Titch

So, what's the signifigance of the term "banger"?
The "Masher", I get, but "banger"????

They got called Banger supposedly, because of the noise they made when splitting beause they had a lot of water in them.

It is assumed that ‘banger’ relates to the noise made by a bursting sausage, and the nick-name dates to the first or second decade of the twentieth century.

cheers.
Titch

Then where does "snags" come from? :der:

Looks great too. I would love a plate.

Back