2010 Superbowl 'Q

J

Jason Perlow

I thought you guys would enjoy this recap of the "BaconBowl", a superbowl party at Doug Keiles's (KCBS team "Ribs Within") house that was bacon-themed and involved brand-new Superior Smoker equipment.

http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/keiles-baconbowl-2010-re-cap/

4341525658_145bc7678a.jpg

What did you guys do on the superbowl this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
dang was there anything that yall did not cook????:biggrin::eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Outstanding creativity, kudos to all the cooks and their great ideas!

Jason, that must have been one awesome party. Great blog post and fantastic pictures.

Too bad about the faux moink balls though.

Jason, that must have been one awesome party. Great blog post and fantastic pictures.

Too bad about the faux moink balls though.

Well, faux in the sense they were grilled. They were something of an afterthought and guests were coming within 1 hour. If we wanted to do them "Right" we would have done them in the Superior, but we would have had to have thought about that several hours earlier :)

MOINK Balls are 100% beef meatballs wrapped in bacon and smoked or grilled.

Hey Jason, nice to see you on this board. I follow OTB and went to BB's in Northvale for wings to go, to bring to a party in Bergenfield. Nice sugestion, they were delicious! (But it looks like I went to the wrong party in NJ)!

Hey Jason, nice to see you on this board. I follow OTB and went to BB's in Northvale for wings to go, to bring to a party in Bergenfield. Nice sugestion, they were delicious! (But it looks like I went to the wrong party in NJ)!

It was a helluva party. But I bet your wings were really good. They deserve the biz, for sure. We're working on getting them to do fresh cut french fries using the double-fry belgian process but it will take a few weeks to get it set up.

MOINK Balls are 100% beef meatballs wrapped in bacon and smoked or grilled.

I thought it was MOINK because of Moo + Oink. I wasn't aware it had to be 100 percent beef filling. There's a rule for that? There isn't a KCBS category for moinkballs yet, is there? Should there be?

Back