Pulled Pork for 200…

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Agreed to cook the meat for two separate graduations this year for family friends. Both will have roughly 200 invited and want pulled pork. Originally I was thinking to plan for 50% loss and 1/2# serving per person. However I always plan on the high side when it comes to food available so probably higher than what’s actually needed. These would be bone in pork butts.

Is 50% loss and 1/3 or 1/4 pound per person a more realistic number to plan for?

50% loss and 1/3# per person has always done well for me... I have never come close to running out, especially if there are sides. LOVE cooking for groups :)

If a large number of mouths are going to be small kids, you could probably get away with 1/4# per person with no problem.

I've cooked for numerous graduation parties for friends and family, as well as various fundraisers. In my experience people eat least at graduation parties. Lots of time people are attending other parties, so many don't eat much. I try to get as much info as I can going in, to determine the type of crowd expected, but IMO 1/4lb per person is plenty for a graduation party, assuming there is some other meat with the sides.

200 x 5oz per person = 1000oz divided by 16 = 62.5lbs cooked pork x 2 = 125lbs of raw pork for 200 people

Back