• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ROLL CALL Lake Placid Compitition

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Who's going to the Lake Placid Contest ?? also who's doing the buck a bone ??

I will be there, and plan on doing buck-a-bone. Heading up Friday morning so we can enter the grilling contest as well.

--Larry
RumplePigSkin

The Anchormen
The Bastey Boys
BBQ Bob and The Eh Team
Beef Rubbers
Better BBQ Bureau
Butt Magicians
Cancersuckschicago.com
Centerplate
Dirty Dick and The Legless Wonders
Double C BBQ
Frankie's BBQ
Freestate Smokers
The Frying Pan
Good Smoke BBQ
Hawg Doctors
Hog Heaven BBQ
Howling Hog Barbeque
I QUE
I Smell Smoke
Lost Nation Smoke Company
Lunchmeat
Ma's Que Crew
Mark's Hot BBQ
Muzzlebreak Outfitters
Oompappy
Philly Pigs
Puddledock Porkas
The Purple Turtle
Q Haven
Q Wannabees
Regal BBQ
RumplePigSkin
Skin-N-Bones
Smokin' Hot
Windy Meadow's Barbeque
Yabba Dabba Que

Here is the information on the grilling I received from Dmitry:

The midnight Grilling Bash starts at 6:00 pm - award ceremony at exactly Midnight. you compete in two categories chicken and NY strip steak. Team meeting and meat inspection with Linda & Jerry Mullane at 5:00 pm. Chicken turn in 9:00 pm, NY strip stake 9:45 pm.

--Larry

We'll be arriving Friday. When, exactly, is still up in the air. Dmitri says that he needs everyone who is going to be on-site Friday night to be there before 5:30, so we may end up spending Friday night at the motel and coming down to hang out.

We will be doing the buck a bone thing. Anyone have any idea how many ribs we might go through? I planned on bringing a case.

We'll be arriving Friday. When, exactly, is still up in the air. Dmitri says that he needs everyone who is going to be on-site Friday night to be there before 5:30, so we may end up spending Friday night at the motel and coming down to hang out.

We will be doing the buck a bone thing. Anyone have any idea how many ribs we might go through? I planned on bringing a case.
If you are looking for a motel, I stay at Schultes when I am up for Luge. It is on the main road to town, is inexpensive, and the people who run it are very nice.
http://www.schulteslodge.com 518-523-3532.
Continental Breakfast is included.

--Larry

If you are looking for a motel, I stay at Schultes when I am up for Luge. It is on the main road to town, is inexpensive, and the people who run it are very nice.
http://www.schulteslodge.com 518-523-3532.
Continental Breakfast is included.

--Larry
I already booked us at the Econolodge, since Charlie's family is joining us and we needed a couple of rooms near each other. Lodging in the area seems to be filling up for the holiday weekend. Looks like I could have saved a few bucks, though. I appreciate the advice and I'll make use of it next year.

Thanks!

We're going to Lake Placid. Cannot wait to be there! We had a ton of fun there last year. We're going to leave Thursday night and motel it so we just have a short drive Friday to the site.

Still waiting to hear the details about the midnight grilling bash, whether it is KCBS garnish, turn in box, etc.

We're going to Lake Placid. Cannot wait to be there! We had a ton of fun there last year. We're going to leave Thursday night and motel it so we just have a short drive Friday to the site.

Still waiting to hear the details about the midnight grilling bash, whether it is KCBS garnish, turn in box, etc.

I also received this from Dmitry in May.

Open (must be edible) garnish. No other meats, or seafood including in the sauce (i.e no lobster sauce or bacon wrap). Worcestershire sauce is ok. Sauce can be smooth or chunky. Cheese and other dairy products are permitted. no skewers, toothpick, foil, etc, permitted. A minimum of 6 pieces of chicken separate and identifiable must be submitted, however, steaks will be cut at the table if submitted whole. Total combine score of chicken and steak will produce the winner. Winner will receive $500, second place $300, third place $200, 4-6 places gift certificates to stores, gasoline stations and local restaurants.

Hope that helps.

--Larry

lunchmeat will be there so bring yer earplugs if you are one who doesn't enjoy 'the call'....... there's no stopping him and I wouldn't want to anyway.

we will be doing the buck-a-bone AND we have a demo on Saturday afternoon as well.

the other side of the oval

I will wave from the other side. Earplugs aren't enuff. We are doing a demo and buck a bone also.

What is everyone making for their demoes? Dmitry is counting on us to all get together and figure it out so its interesting and not all the same stuff.
nancee

lunchmeat will be there so bring yer earplugs if you are one who doesn't enjoy 'the call'....... there's no stopping him and I wouldn't want to anyway.

we will be doing the buck-a-bone AND we have a demo on Saturday afternoon as well.

I'm going over Thursday morning for that class at the Marriott. Friday I'll help Jim Boggs with the judging class at the beach house. Today I cooked 50 slabs for the buck-a-bone and Saturday I'm demonstrating Kikcoyne chuck roast for pulled beef. The KCBS contest will be easier.Even though it's the closest contest to my house I'm staying over on Sunday

BAAAAH BA QUE !!!!

its whats for breakfast !!!!!

shout on sully, the anchormen have a new suprise for turn ins this weekend... stay tuned

I'm going over Thursday morning for that class at the Marriott. Friday I'll help Jim Boggs with the judging class at the beach house. Today I cooked 50 slabs for the buck-a-bone and Saturday I'm demonstrating Kikcoyne chuck roast for pulled beef. The KCBS contest will be easier.Even though it's the closest contest to my house I'm staying over on Sunday

I want to see that Kikcoyne chuck roast demo.

I will wave from the other side. Earplugs aren't enuff. We are doing a demo and buck a bone also.

What is everyone making for their demoes? Dmitry is counting on us to all get together and figure it out so its interesting and not all the same stuff.
nancee

We're doing ribs

...Today I cooked 50 slabs for the buck-a-bone...

Rich,

I've never done one of these buck-a-bone things before, so I'm at a loss as to how much to prepare. Is 50 slabs the average amount that teams go through? Or does Lost Nation's reputation boost your "sales", if sales is the word here?

we are in, its our first contest this year, very excited !

I'm going over Thursday morning for that class at the Marriott. Friday I'll help Jim Boggs with the judging class at the beach house. Today I cooked 50 slabs for the buck-a-bone

what class on thursday?
contest food doesnt have to be prepared on site? I should really start taking better notes...:wink:
everyone has to be at the oval by 5:30 or is that just for vehicles and equipment??

I was thinking of cooking much less than 50 racks. Just have no idea what to expect.

I am coming for the judging class on Friday and would love to stay overnight to see what is going on Saturday.

Is there anyplace to pitch a tent at or near the comp site if you are not a competitor?

Back