• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The last cook before I broke my smoker

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Last Sunday, I finally got around to smoking a couple of chickens I had in the freezer. I used my solid food injector (love that thing) to inject some chunks of garlic gloves at various depths and spots throughout the birds. I also used a liquid injection of Honey Bacon BBQ Cajun Injector. The rub I used was a first timer for me that I received from a friend in Memphis. I hung the chickens in bags in the smoker and smoked them at about 240 for a little over 5 hours until they reached an IT of 162. They turned out pretty good.

Attachments

• photo (21).jpg
    photo (21).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 350
  • photo (18).jpg
    photo (18).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 348
  • photo (16).jpg
    photo (16).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 349
  • photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 349
Pretty! What are the suspension thingies for those birds? Oh, and you should ask your friend to send you some Keith's Farms Garlic Butter rub some time...

I had to buy 100 of them at Thanksgiving so if you need any, let me know...

Oh, that was you, saw that, bummer. Good luck getting her fixed.

I never thought of using netting on chickens. Nice idea and a time saver from tying them up to hang. I have smaller netting i use for Pork Loins, they would also work well on chicken..

Thanks for sharing the pics. and a new way to hang chicken.

I never thought of using netting on chickens. Nice idea and a time saver from tying them up to hang. I have smaller netting i use for Pork Loins, they would also work well on chicken..

Thanks for sharing the pics. and a new way to hang chicken.

No problem. That is what this site is for. I have learned a ton from others on here!

Back