Pizza Pron From Sunday

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Cooked up some homemade pies this weekend on the Kingsford oval. With a full load of charcoal I got the damn thing up to nearly 650 degrees! First pic is of the grill setup, then pre and post cook pics. I did one Margherita style with fresh basil and tomato, while the other pie was pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom.

Attachments

• ThePizzaCooker.JPG
    ThePizzaCooker.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Meatza Precook.JPG
    Meatza Precook.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 134
  • margherita precook.JPG
    margherita precook.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Meatza Postcook.JPG
    Meatza Postcook.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 134
  • margherita Postcook2.JPG
    margherita Postcook2.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 134
Nice color on both them pies.......did the crust crisp up running those kinda temps?

Boy that last pie has my name all over him… looks good

Nice color on both them pies.......did the crust crisp up running those kinda temps?

Yes, the crust was slightly blackened on the bottom, just like a good pizzeria pie.

They both look terrific! Especially the sausage one. Ummm!

Nice job.

Didn't need to see the pics though.... I'm on Day Two of Phase One of South Beach (No Carbs for two weeks).... Mmmm Peet-zaah

Pizza Stone

Those pizzas look great...

Question regarding the pizza stone

What is the benefit of it. I cooked a few pizzas on the grill and the crust was a little too hard. Does the stone prevent this?

Thanks...

Those pizzas look great...

Question regarding the pizza stone

What is the benefit of it. I cooked a few pizzas on the grill and the crust was a little too hard. Does the stone prevent this?

Thanks...

The pizza stone creates an evenly heated surface so the crust is consistent. This particular model is designed for the grill as it is elevated above the grill surface so there is airflow underneath the stone and so the stone doesn't get TOO hot which might cause it to crack.. Works pretty good, better than directly on the grill in my experience.

Back