"Keep Kids Running" Romito Foundation Contest

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I"m helping put together a contest for the Romito Foundation to benefit their son who has a fatal disease. The contest will be here in Colorado the Denver area in 2009. The Romito's son Dominic has been diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy which is terminal and has "no cure" Richard Romito is a police officer for the department I work for. They were basically told to love their child while they can and basically wait for him to die.

An update to their story, they now have a second child in their family, Dominic's brother, that was diagnosed with the same disease and death sentence, having found out this past Friday by phone from the hospital.

Needless to say I'm in OVERDRIVE to get this contest together for 2009. We do have some sponsors lined up and more in talks. Any of you with ideas or who would be willing to volunteer in putting this together give me a shout. Here is a video they put together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btynhs8C6HI

On a personal note, after Stacy and I almost lost our daughter Kaylee last year, I couldn't in good conscious sit back and do nothing! I'm determined to make this a success and would appreciate your support.

Steve Marrs with Denver Cajun here in Colorado has been AWESOME and is dedicated to this cause as well. Visit the Romito Foundation website at: rundrun.com for more info.
The money being raised is to help with the medicine,research being done by doctors in Austraila and Italy where experimental treatment and medicine is currently being used for this. It will benifit ALL children diagnosed with this disease. Donminic is getting some medicine from over seas, if it makes it through customs which is hit and miss and very expensive.
I just wanted to get the word out and let everyone know why this is an important contest! Thanks for reading.

Back