Looking for Pineapple and/or Mango salsa recipe

B

Buster Dog BBQ

I have some Mahi Mahi and thought some pineapple and/or mango salsa might be pretty good with it. Anyone got a recipe you wouldn't mind sharing?

I did one a couple weeks ago. Chopped up mango, pineapple, red onion, cilantro and chili pepper. Add salt pepper and lime juice. Just toss all together! Sorry, I didn't measure anything. :icon_cool

If you don't already have it, get a copy of "Dr. BBQ's Big Time Barbecue Cookbook". Ray has a recipe for Pineapple-Habanero as well as Tomatillo-Mango Salsa.

I haven't tried either of them yet, but I will say that everything that I have tried out of his books is superb.

Here is mine. It has a quarter cup of Tequila in it. You'll have to find another way to use the rest...

mick

Exported from MasterCook *
Tequila mango relish for fish
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time : about 20 min
Categories :
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 tablespoon cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup roasted red pepper
1 diced mango
1 each jalapeno seeded and diced
1/4 cup onion diced
1 can pineapple chunks in juice
Saute onion until translucent
Add Jalapeno and Pineapple. Saute to caramelize sugars
Add Red Pepper and Mango simmer a couple of minutes
Remove from flame and add Tequila. Burn off alcohol
Add Lime and Cilantro

Last edited:
I made a very simple one last weekend. The ingredients are Diced mangoes, avocados, onions, red bell peppers and japs, chopped cilantro, lime juice and a little EVOO. Salt and pepper to taste.

Here's one we like, you can dress it up anyway you like...

1 can crushed pineapple (in it's own juice, not syrup)
1 pear, peeled and diced (as fine as you like your salsa to be)
2 mangos, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 medium red onion, diced
jalapeno or serrano pepper (how much depends on how hot you want. Ive done this with a habanero as well, but only for chiliheads!):icon_devil
finely chopped cilantro to taste

Mix everything together, and stir in the juice of a lime. Besides fish, it also is good with those lime flavored tortilla chips:biggrin:

i use diced mangoes, diced jalapenos, chopped red onion, cilantro, salt and pepper and a dousing of lime juice.

Back