• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

brisket chili question??

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
gonna make this recipe for the superbowl tomorrow? question is should i make tonight or wait till tomorrow..

bbqjoe said:
Start it now!

Ditto, amen, yepper, etc!
Always better the next day or the next week :lol:
Time for flavors to "incorporate", as Emeril would say!

Karen made some "plain" stuff 2 days ago.
Waiting till tonight to eat and enjoy.

TIM

FatDaddy are you using a smoked brisket? I am cooking tomorrow for 10-15 & already have 2 pork tenderloins (going to marinate & rub) but I am debating doing a chili as well, but I don't have a smoked brisket. Question have you ever done it with a raw brisket and if so about how long on the cook?

this will be my first time cooking it after reading about the reviews of it here it sounds great. Never tried it raw. i would just use chili meat or stew meat if i didnt have the brisket. i saved 2# of chopped point a few months ago just for this occassion. it has been damn hard not tossing it into a pot of boiling water and heating it back up to make sammichs.

I've made it from raw before and it came out wonderful.
Put the fat into the pot to melt and browned the meat with that, and some onions. Drained off some of the grease and proceeded from there.

About to throw my chuck roast in the smoker for chili tonight. Cooking for the Superbowl tomorrow. Do it today.

reading over this recipe. for those of u that have made it. do yall add the picante salsa ? or leave it out?

FatDaddy said:
reading over this recipe. for those of u that have made it. do yall add the picante salsa ? or leave it out?

I added the salsa, but used just a plain Pace medium heat, not the picante.

Watching Roker on the Road (while the kids are eating their snack) and he is featuring a place in Cinncinati called Camp Washington Chili. Chili on pasta. Sounds wierd, but looks pretty good. Substitute chili for marinara and what looks like a half pound of shredded cheddar.

Looks amazing.

They do Pulled Pork spaghetti at Interstate in Memphis.

Plowboy said:
Watching Roker on the Road (while the kids are eating their snack) and he is featuring a place in Cinncinati called Camp Washington Chili. Chili on pasta. Sounds wierd, but looks pretty good. Substitute chili for marinara and what looks like a half pound of shredded cheddar.

Looks amazing.
THis stuff also has cinnamon and clove in it....very different stuff than the southern or Texas Favs......pretty famous stuff in those parts

Edit: sorry I forgot the topic for a minute.....:) I would always serve chili the next day if able!! like a lot of other things with that much seasoning in it .....it only gets better a day later!!

Just started my batch about an hour ago, using the Brethren MoFO Brisket Chili recipe as the base with a few mods as is our wont.
Used Mrs. Renfros for the salsa and subbed v8hot for picante. Got some poblamo to toss in later and will add a dash or so or Red Savina Habenero hot sauce, just a tad though. Found a small bottle of Texas Sweet Jalebeno Juice that may make it in a bit as well.
No beans, of course.
Go Bears.

i got mine in the crockpot. forgot to buy cumin for the recipe so sent the wife to the store to pick some up.. i added in about 4 jalapenos 1 seeded and 3 deviened. between that and fiesta brand chili powder and the V8 Spicy. it is pretty damn warm.. i thinki got some hot jalapenos i made some fresh salsa to snack on, and it was farkin hot. 2 seeded and 1 deviened in it.. better go pick up some extra soft toilet paper for tomorrow evening.

FatDaddy said:
. it is pretty damn warm.. i thinki got some hot jalapenos i made some fresh salsa to snack on, and it was farkin hot. 2 seeded and 1 deviened in it.. better go pick up some extra soft toilet paper for tomorrow evening.

And it's gonna get hotter :wink:

man i hope the friends im takin it to tomorrow can handle the heat. they are picky eaters. i might go pick up some spares instead lol..

Back