MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
worthsmokin
Full Fledged Farker

Question Vending @ NKC

We are doing our first vending gig outside the comforts of our small hometown. We are also going to be competing so that will add to the stress. It is going to be the weekend of the Snake Saturday Parade so there is a large draw to the area.

The menu we tentatively have is ribs, chopped brisket, pulled pork, "pig trough" (bed of frito's, pulled pork, beans, nacho cheese, jalapenos in a boat), beans and slaw. My question is I usually never vend chicken even at home. Is it a must at large events?

We will be selling Friday and Saturday. I am not expecting a huge crowd on Friday. I am going to start with enough pork for 150 sammies, brisket for 150 sammies, buying 2 cases of ribs. I will have more on hand if we do good on Friday. How do you guys figure how much to cook? What do you do with leftovers? What if you under-calculate? I can always vend the next day in our hometown.

Thanks Tyler
worthsmokin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
Smokin Mike
is One Chatty Farker

I have very limited knowledge about NKC, but I remember alot of chicken wings being vended.

your menu seems better already ! :)
FEC-100's
KCBS, FBA Judge
Smokin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #3
worthsmokin
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Mike View Post
your menu seems better already ! :)
I hope the weather is nice, not cold and rainy like last year. We need to get a Parrot that eats ribs (Oh thats already been taken)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Worth Smokin' BBQ[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkgreen]26' KZ Toyhauler w/McPike 150 STOKER powered[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Red Therma-Pen[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/worthsmokinbbq"][COLOR=#800080]www.facebook.com/worthsmokinbbq[/COLOR][/URL]
worthsmokin is offline   Reply With Quote