MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 05-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #91
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Default NASCAR Rotisserie-Grilled Potato Salad

For this week’s entry, I went with a tasty rotisserie grilled potato salad. I did this in the infield at the NASCAR race in Charlotte. As my pictures turned out pretty mediocre this time around, you may need to read the ingredients to understand how good this one tastes.

Core ingredients: red potatoes, Vidalia onions and of course… bacon.

After pre-cooking the potatoes, all the ingredients are combined with the following dry rub: garlic powder, paprika, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. Everything goes into Spitmate rotisserie basket and then off to the fire. I was using my main fire pit for sirloin tip and beef ribs, so I did the potato salad over my FireTrough using coals from the fire pit.

Once done, the mixture is combined with mayo, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire.

This will be my entry picture:

--Jonny Rotisserie

Old 05-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #92
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

That looks great Jonny. You staying for the Coca-Cola?

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #93
Jonny Rotisserie
Full Fledged Farker

Default Coca-Cola

Hey Gary, I think I have had my fill of beer, cars and food for now. You never know, though.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #94
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Jonny, I like the looks of that Spitmate. good luck.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #95
southernsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JO

This is our spin on a venerable root vegetable...Delicious French Onion Soup. Prepared with garlic confit, toasted croutons, melted Gruyere cheese served in grilled onion bowls. Please use last pic.

Getting ready:

Sauteed Onions

Gone brick n mortar :crazy:

Last edited by southernsmoker; 05-23-2010 at 05:20 PM..
southernsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 05-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #96
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Way to go SS! You're definitly kickin' it up a few notches with the soup in the onion bowls. Very nice! Looks mighty tasty

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 AM   #97
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Hey look, another squirrel! Darn things breed like rabbits.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #98
Wyobulldog
Knows what a fatty is.

There I was sold on bacon wrapped spuds, suddenly there it is Creamy Onion Soup in a grilled onion bowl. Be still my beating heart.... This is going to be tough.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #99
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Ooooo, nice squirrel. I think Ninja is getting excited
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #100
southernsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Ooooo, nice squirrel. I think Ninja is getting excited

That was the most fun of the whole thing, I laughed all nite and the next day.... go figure....
Gone brick n mortar :crazy:
southernsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off-route, Root Cause Analysis, Thowdown Entry Thread, Throwdown, Underground cooking scene