MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 02-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #16
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Why the fark are you guys asking me anyway? The Moose and the Pickle are who you should be talking to.

Oh, wait.

Wow, it's kinda weird hanging out in here. I'm used to answering all the stupid questions.

I guess I need to start practicing on asking the stupid questions.

Hang on, I'll be back with some.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #17
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Monster Burger!

[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-24-2014, 03:19 PM   #18
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Hang on, I'll be back with some.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #19
colonel00

What injection should I use when boiling farking double cheeseburgers and rub before or after??
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #20
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
What injection should I use when boiling farking double cheeseburgers and rub before or after??
Chicken...

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #21
bigabyte

OK, here's my question. And honestly, this was what I was thinking of doing if I actually make an entry for a farking change.

I assume a "Double Double Cheeseburger" would be OK, since that is still a "Double Cheeseburger", only doubly so. This one seems obvious, so it almost seems stupid to ask. But it sets up my next question:

Would a "Triple Double Cheeseburger" be OK, like the one that other farker was talking about? Because I'm thinking that causes trouble by breaking the whole concept of doubling doubles. A triple is certainly not a doubled double, and is also not a double in itself, despite having the words "Double Cheeseburger" at the end of it. Would you agree?

Therefore, I could be taking a leap, assuming the prior assumptions are correct, and assume that a "Double Double Double Cheeseburger" is also ok, since that is simply an already agreed upon "legal" variation of a "Double Cheeseburger" that was first "Doubled", and then "Doubled once again to make the "Double Double Double Cheeseburger".

So then, assuming that the assumed assumptions above based upon the assumed presumptive assumed assumptive assumptions mentioned prior are implicitly assumed, then one could derive a mathematical formula for legal "Double Cheeseburgers" of 2^n, or "Two to the n'th power", with n being the number of doubled cheeseburgers one wants to create. Thus, the regular, normal, run of the mill and very boring "Double Cheeseburger" would be 2^1 since it is only doubled one time, and "Double Double Cheeseburgers" being 2 squared, and "Double Double Double Cheeseburgers" being 2 cubed, and so on and so forth to whatever number one could possibly desire.

Being a computer geek, I am then drawn to the "Double Double Double Double Double Double Double Double Cheeseburger" represented by 2^8, for what should be obvious reasons. That is of course assuming a 8 bit word system, I suppose. I mean, a lot of us may even use systems where 2^16 would be the kind of burger one would have to crank out, and I suppose one could easily get even larger, even perhaps on today's phones which are surprisingly powerful, and I feel capable of taking food photos, but I'm just not sure if they are quite TD level. But that is kind of going off topic and pehaps too wordy, regardless of how few bits it is based upon.

Is there an upper limit to the number of bytes available? How big can we make our burgers?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
Diesel Dave

Quote:
How big can we make our burgers?
This is what that whole long read came down too?

Sooooooooooo as long as it's done in sets of 2 burgers being a single burger doubled and then doubled as many doubled times as you can double a doubled burger it falls into your "special rule" of doubled whackadoodlery correct farker?

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #23
deguerre

Quote:
OK, here's my question. And honestly, this was what I was thinking of doing if I actually make an entry for a farking change.

I assume a "Double Double Cheeseburger" would be OK, since that is still a "Double Cheeseburger", only doubly so. This one seems obvious, so it almost seems stupid to ask. But it sets up my next question:

Would a "Triple Double Cheeseburger" be OK, like the one that other farker was talking about? Because I'm thinking that causes trouble by breaking the whole concept of doubling doubles. A triple is certainly not a doubled double, and is also not a double in itself, despite having the words "Double Cheeseburger" at the end of it. Would you agree?

Therefore, I could be taking a leap, assuming the prior assumptions are correct, and assume that a "Double Double Double Cheeseburger" is also ok, since that is simply an already agreed upon "legal" variation of a "Double Cheeseburger" that was first "Doubled", and then "Doubled once again to make the "Double Double Double Cheeseburger".

So then, assuming that the assumed assumptions above based upon the assumed presumptive assumed assumptive assumptions mentioned prior are implicitly assumed, then one could derive a mathematical formula for legal "Double Cheeseburgers" of 2^n, or "Two to the n'th power", with n being the number of doubled cheeseburgers one wants to create. Thus, the regular, normal, run of the mill and very boring "Double Cheeseburger" would be 2^1 since it is only doubled one time, and "Double Double Cheeseburgers" being 2 squared, and "Double Double Double Cheeseburgers" being 2 cubed, and so on and so forth to whatever number one could possibly desire.

Being a computer geek, I am then drawn to the "Double Double Double Double Double Double Double Double Cheeseburger" represented by 2^8, for what should be obvious reasons. That is of course assuming a 8 bit word system, I suppose. I mean, a lot of us may even use systems where 2^16 would be the kind of burger one would have to crank out, and I suppose one could easily get even larger, even perhaps on today's phones which are surprisingly powerful, and I feel capable of taking food photos, but I'm just not sure if they are quite TD level. But that is kind of going off topic and pehaps too wordy, regardless of how few bits it is based upon.

Is there an upper limit to the number of bytes available? How big can we make our burgers?
Now wait. Are we still talking double cheeseburgers, or have we segued into Colon Blow commercials?
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #24
bigabyte

Well, I'm actually trying to learn the rules to this one myself. I assume any rules I contribute are assumed to be "special".

Duh.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #25
deguerre

You're so CUTE!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 02-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #26
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:

My head hurts now and I need to take a nap...
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #27
K-JUN
is one Smokin' Farker

I think a triple should be allowed. It is after all just a double with extra meat. Kinda like if you add bacon... but that would be a double bacon cheese burger. If you use double cheese would that be double cheese for each patty... or would that disrupt the balance achieved by the double cheese burger with extra meat?

Brady

Cajun Grill by Percy Guidry; 22.5" WSM; GMG Daniel Boone; Crown Verity Gaser
K-JUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #28
Diesel Dave

Quote:
Well, I'm actually trying to learn the rules to this one myself. I assume any rules I contribute are assumed to be "special".

it is your TD there Mr BIGGIE

and we all know how "special" you and your rules are

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Old 02-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #29
deguerre

Um, Dave, It's BIGGLES. When you use the honorific "Mister"...
Old 02-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #30
Diesel Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-JUN View Post
I think a triple should be allowed. It is after all just a double with extra meat.
But then you'd need to double the "extra" meat to be a double extra

Quote:
Kinda like if you add bacon... but that would be a double bacon cheese burger.
Only if you doubled the bacon as well as the burgers

Quote:
If you use double cheese would that be double cheese for each patty...
Yes then it would truly be "doubled"

Quote:
or would that disrupt the balance achieved by the double cheese burger with extra meat?

This is all Gores fault