Pulled Pork Nachos

Bourbon Barrel BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Any help on how many oz. of cheese sauce and chips per person? I'm vending this Friday and trying to figure out how many servings I can get out of a box of chips and a can of cheese.

Chips and cheese are so cheep just buy extra. You could use them for the next vend.

What kind of chips are you using? I would think 2-3 oz of cheese. How big is your container for chips? I would invest in a scale so you can weigh your product. Something like this. http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_308935

What kind of setup will you have at the event?
http://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/Product_308935

I'm using a 3lb boat for pulled pork sandwiches, beans, potato chips, and pulled pork nachos. I don't want to have to weigh every portion because I want the line to move quickly. The event setup is very minimal with a couple canopies, tables, some cambros, and some crock pots for cheese. I debated buying a cheese dispenser but $300 is way to much when I already own crock pots.

I'm using a 3lb boat for pulled pork sandwiches, beans, potato chips, and pulled pork nachos. I don't want to have to weigh every portion because I want the line to move quickly. The event setup is very minimal with a couple canopies, tables, some cambros, and some crock pots for cheese. I debated buying a cheese dispenser but $300 is way to much when I already own crock pots.

If your vending and have to get an HD permit you can say goodbye to the crock-pots. Better have a back up plan.

My cooker isn't NSF certified either. That's not requirement in KY.

Here neither but all serving and reheating vessels are required. Just giving you a heads up. If it floats there more power to ya! :wink:

Back to your OP, a 3 lb boat is pretty big and will hold a lot of chips. 4-6 oz. cup of cheese should do nicely.

crocks and roasters are legal in Iowa as well...

I am thankful for that!

You really don't have to weigh each one with a scale, but it will give you an idea of how much a certain weight will be. Then you can figure your cost and price from there. I think having a scale is like having a thermometer at your stand. It is a useful tool that in the long run will help you make money.

Back