A-MAZ-N Customer Service! With bacon Pr0n

CYvilEng

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I received the A-MAZN-N Pellet Smoker for a gift along with some hickory, oak, cherry, and maple pellets. I had been using the AMNPS in my mini-wsm for cold smoking lots of cheeses and a small slab of pork belly. I also used it once in my upright masterbuilt gasser to warm smoke a loin for Canadian bacon. It worked great although the smoke was a little heavy in the mini-wsm.

Last week I was getting ready to cold smoke a pork belly that I cut into thirds to try different recipes and decided to use the gasser just for the cabinet to fit the meat. I had a heck of a time keeping the pellets burning. :evil: I had the AMNPS sitting on the bottom on a grate right above the giant hole in the bottom. It turned out it would burn for about 45 min and if I didn’t go out and blow on the embers to keep them going it would burn out. It was obvious I was burning up all the oxygen in the cabinet and then game over till I opened the door.

I emailed Todd at A-MAZN-N smokers and told him about my problem at night. He initially responded before the butt crack of dawn and we emailed about 10 times back and forth that morning. We ended up deciding that there was enough potential for airflow it was just going around the device. I tried putting foil down over the hole and leaving it open where the AMNPS was sitting and voila! It was working like a charm.

I happened to mention that I thought it was smoking heavily in the mini-wsm and he said he’s send me some dust to try instead of pellets. I was expecting a little baggie so I could try it. I got home yesterday and there was a big box waiting for me. I picked it up and it sounded like pellets rattling and it was heavy??? :confused: To my surprise there was 1lb of dust and 2lb of pellets both pitmasters choice flavor! I was totally surprised. I couldn’t recommend business with Todd any stronger. Great product and excellent customer service!

Here is some pics of the bacon:

20130209_095250.jpg

Cured bacon hanging in the meat fridge the night before smoking. The fridge mod is still in progress but I had to stop working while the bacon was in it.

20130209_102936.jpg

Here is it hanging in the smoker before I took the AMNPS out of the pan and put it on the bottom. There's some almonds up above buy you can't see them.

20130213_182846.jpg

This is the black pepper bacon being sliced. Half of it it already sliced and wrapped up.

20130109_204613.jpg

Test pieces fried up. :razz:

Hope you enjoy the pr0n! And support Todd he's a great guy!

I'd have to agree with the great service Todd gives his customers. I went to his shop a few weeks ago to buy the pellet smoker and after BSing with him for a while on what smokers I have and what I planned to do with his smoker, he gave me the pellet smoker, tube smoker, 5 lb of apple and 2 lbs of PMC pellets all for $30.

Farking nice sir! :clap2:

I've been thinking about getting one of those mazes - they seem to be pretty cool.

Loving the bacon! :hungry:

I want to say "amazing" but, y'know? It'd be a bit obvious!

Seriously, I keep hearing nothing buy good reviews about AMAZ-N products and their customer service that is beyond superb.

I hope they move into the UK market, they have at least one Customer right here waiting.

I use the AMNPS with my Weber Gasser. I put the AMNPS on an old cookie sheet on the rack below the grease drip hole. When it gets smokin, I coer it with a foil pan that has small holes poked around the side and a larger hole in the top (bottom). Use a section of stove pipe to sit over the hole in the foil pan and then use a length of foil wrapped around the top of the pipe to close most of the gap to the hole in the bottom of the weber. Never goes out, draws nicely.

Back