Look what I found on my doorstep....

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Came home this afternoon and found not one, but two of my packages have arrived.
rubs.jpg

John Henry's Texas Pig Rub (5#), (2) 11oz. bottles of Texas Chicken Tickler, one 11oz. Bottle of Summer Peach Rub, one 14 oz. bottle of Plowboy's BBQ Yardbird Rub and one of Bovine Bold. I am set for the next few months, at least. :grin::grin::grin:

Came home this afternoon and found not one, but two of my packages have arrived.
rubs.jpg

John Henry's Texas Pig Rub (5#), (2) 11oz. bottles of Texas Chicken Tickler, one 11oz. Bottle of Summer Peach Rub, one 14 oz. bottle of Plowboy's BBQ Yardbird Rub and one of Bovine Bold. I am set for the next few months, at least. :grin::grin::grin:

I have Plowboys yardbird and bbold, both are awesome. Is John Henry in the same class as these? Or are you John Henry?

I have Plowboys yardbird and bbold, both are awesome. Is John Henry in the same class as these? Or are you John Henry?

I would have to say that they are a bit different. John Henry's Texas chicken Tickler is more of a poultry only rub, with herbs and salt, pepper and garlic based, where Plowboy's YardBird is a bit saltier and a smokier flavor and you could use on other stuff. It depends on what your in the mood for. The JH Texas Pig Rub is great on pork butt, or pork butt steaks, heavier on the sweet side. I have no tried the Bovine Bold on anything, it is the first time trying it. From sampling it, I think it will do well on a chuckie or brisket. Hope that helps a bit, maybe some of the other brethren will give their opinions on this matter.

Pop some popcorn and sprinkle and sample! Nice pakage.
Tried some popcorn with butter and tossed in some of the Texas Pig Rub, it was awesome! Thanks Norco. Think I need to order extra rub just for the popcorn. :wink:

There's obviously been a delivery mistake. Pack that stuff back up and ship it to me... :biggrin:

Back