• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ever heard of this?

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
In the gifts we received from my sister in Georgia, we received two bottles of Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck BBQ Sauce... one regular and one spicy. Thought it appeared to be more of a gimmick sauce. Then I saw it was manufactured near Los Angeles and knew for sure it was! Have any of you ever seen it or tried it? My wife won't let me open it cuz we have about ten opened and partially used bottles of Q sauce in the fridge already. :roll:

Of all the good Q sauces in Georgia, she sends me some made in L.A.! Geez! :eek:

Jeff_in_KC said:
cuz we have about ten opened and partially used bottles of Q sauce in the fridge already. :roll:

Never heard of such a thing

Never heard of his sauce...

But you just MAYYYY be A Brethren when.....

Jeff_in_KC said:
My wife won't let me open it cuz we have about ten opened and partially used bottles of Q sauce in the fridge already. :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ten? Is that all??

I have so many I had to buy a small fridge just to keep my sauce in. I keep trying different ones and sometimes I try to make copies of them but it doesn't always come close.

Wildcat said:
Ten? Is that all??

I have so many I had to buy a small fridge just to keep my sauce in. I keep trying different ones and sometimes I try to make copies of them but it doesn't always come close.

LOL! It's kinda the "off season" for me!

BBQ sauce and hot sauces are a growing area of sales. Sort of like soft drinks are from time to time. Everyone is trying to jump on the wagon because of the increased interest. Unfortunatly there is a lot of crap that gets put out because they know that there are a bunches of people who are looking for something (anything) to give Uncle Brewster for his birthday. I love hot sauces and I can't tell you how many that come as gifts each year that I chuck out. Some of them I can reuse and incorperate into a sauce of my own if they arn't too far off. Others are just plain bad. Usually if you get three of something in a prepackaged gift set, you know it isn't going to be any good. There are probably some pretty good local BBQ sauces coming out of LA but just as sure as not, it is probably some one's "get rich quick" scheme. So many sauces so little time. I have found a good use for my many open bottles of BBQ sauce. I put them into my next batch of beans. My BBQ'd beans recipi calls for one cup of BBQ sauce. That will finish of a bottle real fast.

Hoorenga said:
BBQ sauce and hot sauces are a growing area of sales. Sort of like soft drinks are from time to time. Everyone is trying to jump on the wagon because of the increased interest. Unfortunatly there is a lot of crap that gets put out because they know that there are a bunches of people who are looking for something (anything) to give Uncle Brewster for his birthday. I love hot sauces and I can't tell you how many that come as gifts each year that I chuck out. Some of them I can reuse and incorperate into a sauce of my own if they arn't too far off. Others are just plain bad. Usually if you get three of something in a prepackaged gift set, you know it isn't going to be any good. There are probably some pretty good local BBQ sauces coming out of LA but just as sure as not, it is probably some one's "get rich quick" scheme. So many sauces so little time. I have found a good use for my many open bottles of BBQ sauce. I put them into my next batch of beans. My BBQ'd beans recipi calls for one cup of BBQ sauce. That will finish of a bottle real fast.

If all you ever had was Kraft BBQ sauce and you thought it was good, you'd probably buy just about anything! :roll:

That sauce has been around these parts for at least 6/7 years. They sent me 15 cases one time.

Jeff, combine all your open bottles of the ones that are just ok but nothing to write home about. Add some sautee'd onions and garlic, vinegar and crushed red pepper flakes, taste and add what ever you think might make it better and it probably will be! Now you've got a one of kind sauce you like but will never be able to duplicate unless of course you measure everything and write it down.

Neil said:
Now you've got a one of kind sauce you like but will never be able to duplicate unless of course you measure everything and write it down.
:eek: I hate it when that happens:-?

You guys may agree or laugh me off this thread. But I still think its hard to beat Kraft Original. Every now & again Beer Lion has them on sale for .50 each. I load up.

Brauma said:
You guys may agree or laugh me off this thread. But I still think its hard to beat Kraft Original. Every now & again Beer Lion has them on sale for .50 each. I load up.

Uh Brauma, it's farkin' EASY to beat Kraft Original! That crap blows! :biggrin:

Neil said:
Jeff, combine all your open bottles of the ones that are just ok but nothing to write home about. Add some sautee'd onions and garlic, vinegar and crushed red pepper flakes, taste and add what ever you think might make it better and it probably will be! Now you've got a one of kind sauce you like but will never be able to duplicate unless of course you measure everything and write it down.

Great idea, Neil! I'll bring the results to Michigan next weekend! Got something to put it on? LOL! :mrgreen:

Jeff_in_KC said:
Uh Brauma, it's farkin' EASY to beat Kraft Original! That crap blows! :biggrin:

Give me suggestions. Im all ears and willing to try new things.

I do want to participate in the next sauce trade. And dont worry, I wont be sending Kraft.

Brauma said:
Give me suggestions. Im all ears and willing to try new things.

I do want to participate in the next sauce trade. And dont worry, I wont be sending Kraft.

In MY opinion... go to the grocery store and visit the condiments aisle... find the BBQ sauces, close your eyes and reach for the shelf. If you hit ANYTHING other than Kraft, you've outdone the Kraft boys!

Brauma said:

Kraft original is the base to the sauces I make up. And it usually goes on sale around Memorial Day 2/$1 at Kroger. I usually buy about 6 cases when it does. Helluva lot cheaper than making up my own base AND I can reuse the bottles. :wink:

Jeff_in_KC said:
In MY opinion... go to the grocery store and visit the condiments aisle... find the BBQ sauces, close your eyes and reach for the shelf. If you hit ANYTHING other than Kraft, you've outdone the Kraft boys!

Unless you grab a bottle of Hunt's! They make decent Ketchup but they need to stay away from BBQ sauce.

rbinms33 said:
Kraft original is the base to the sauces I make up. And it usually goes on sale around Memorial Day 2/$1 at Kroger. I usually buy about 6 cases when it does. Helluva lot cheaper than making up my own base AND I can reuse the bottles. :wink:

I've done the same. Sometimes I use Kraft as a base and it does turn out pretty good. When it's on sale like rbinms said you cannot make any base cheaper no mater what you try.

rbinms,
I used to live in Horn Lake, Miss. My family owned the auto auction on Hy 51 south of Memphis. You know where that is?

Small world.

Back