'bello appetizer help

N

NorCal Q Man

I was going to make stuffed portobello mushroom burgers for dinner this weekend, but the wife signed us up to dinner at the neighbors tomorrow and a party tonight. So now I want to use them while they're fresh and bring an appetizer to dinner tomorrow. If they were smaller mushrooms, I could think of plenty of appetizers to make, but they're four 5-6 inch diameter shrooms. Any ideas on what to make? Maybe slice them into strips, bread them, and grill or fry them? Anyone?

Cut the stems up into very small pieces and mix with bread crumbs, chipped onion, and fresh garlic and fresh grated parm regiano and some of your favorite all purpose season. Saute this until tender

Marinate the actual caps in balsamic vinaigrette (of course scrape the gills out) and then microwave them for 1 min maybe 2 depending on how thick they are. After that, grill until tender and then pack the base with the stuffing sprinkle a bit more parm on them and then finish grilling.

Sounds delicious but I'm looking for something that would be more bite sized.

You can make them bite sized if you cut them prior to cooking them. Just add a dab of stuffing to each piece and put a tooth pick in them. The marinade takes bellos way over the top!!!

We just do the plain old wishbone with balsamic v. white or wine vinegar.

Good luck hope you find something good

Yep stuff them with crabmeat and cheese and smoke them and cut them inti bite size pieces , pizza style and tooth pick each slice, you'll be a hero!

Back