MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
SurrealOne
On the road to being a farker

Default Redemption...Pr0n

Well, I gotta say that last time I did this, it was a disaster...mainly because I didn't know what the fark I was doing. But according to my wife, family, and friends; I have now redeemed myself of the great pork butt massacre of 2012.

I used the Chris Lilly pork butt rub I found here (thanks guys), 8.5 lb butt, on the smoker at a consistent 280 (grate level), and no injection. Royal Oak lump and a mix of apple and oak for smoke in the firebox. Took it up to 170 and foiled for the remainder. Pulled it at an IT of 205 and confirmed it was done with the bone coming out completely clean. 8 hours later (9 1/2 with resting) and this thing was done. I was shocked, but have learned to never rely on the IT to confirm it being done. Huge thanks for all the resources all of you guys provide. Although I'm sure this doesn't mean the disasters are over, it means that they're on their way out the door.

Thanks for lookin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130713_205351.jpg (89.5 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg 20130713_210850.jpg (94.9 KB, 149 views)
SurrealOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
cheapbeer
Full Fledged Farker

Gotta love pulled pork. H
Good eats right there.....

Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
SurrealOne

Yup. I've had it for lunch the past two days and it's still awesome. Hopefully I can continue to put out some good stuff and not fall back to the days of disaster so often hahaha.
SurrealOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
TroyA65
is one Smokin' Farker

Well Done and Congratz!!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

That looks and sounds good, I haven't cooked a shoulder in a while.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Nut

Well, there's this:

Quote:
Good barbecue comes from experience, and experience, well, that comes from poor barbecue.
Sounds like you are on the way! Don't look back!