• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

what are you holding in your alto shaam/cvap

early mornin' smokin'

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well guys, I know most of you are holding your big meats in there, and so am I. Currently running it up around 160 for briskets, butts and sides. I like to run around 150 for chicken to avoid it drying out. I always keep the vents cracked, not a fan of steamed meat. But what are you guys doing out there?

I don't know why you can't hold every thing at 150. Is there a reason to keep it at 160?

pyle's I'm just curious... I like my meat to go out the door HOT, i find 160 with the top vent cracked open doesn't dry things out and stays nice and hot. First time running a warming cabinet, so i'm just curious.

My cvap is packed. I usually start the day holding 6 butts, 4-5 briskets, 8 chicken halves, 5 pounds of sausage, 6 racks of ribs, and 12-14 rib tips. I run it at 160 and 2 texture.

Waiting on this full size unit because I can't squeeze another ounce of meat into this small one.

we've got the dual level 1000 alto shaam, so we usually keep briskets and butts in one, ribs, chicken and chicken wings in the other. 160 seems to be a good number. Think of adding heat lamps to our slicing table to keep things toasty also. Right now we rotate thru the trays if they sit out for 10 minutes.

Back