Pics from The Jack

Was that a picture of Anne Rhenstrom getting the Roith award? I hope so!!!

Nice pics. The desserts looked terrific.

Once thing I noticed today (and my previous times) was that the international teams wear funny hats. :biggrin: J/K. I like how the internationals wear matching uniforms. It would be cool if more American teams had uniforms. I guess the uniform thing is just the cop in me coming out. :wink:

Great pics.. Looks like an amazing contest.

I may never get the opportunity to compete there, but I gotta get down there at least once to be a spectator and/or pit bitch.

yes that was Anne Rhenstrom getting the Roith award. A great moment & well deserved. Congrats Anne!

Excuse my ignorance... who is Anne Rhenstrom and what is the Roith Award given out for ?

Anne works for the National Pork Board and produces the BarBQlossal contest at the World Pork Expo each year. This was the 20th year for the contest and Anne. Anne is a wonderful lady and is very active in the national BBQ scene. She has been critical in starting the Iowa BBQ Society and several of the contests in Iowa. You gotta see the World Pork Expo to understand how much effort goes into Anne's contest each year. It is our favorite contest of the year... and we get to cook a hog. :wink:

Here's what I know, and I may not have it all correct... the Roith award is named after and honors Ed Roith's wife who past away. It honor's a woman who has significantly contributed to BBQ.

Excellent pictures of event. Must have been great to be there.

Nice pictures looks like a great time and lots of work for the photo man or woman

I may never get the opportunity to compete there, but I gotta get down there at least once to be a spectator and/or pit bitch.

Subtle hint? Hmmmmmmm...keep dreaming! WhoTF is Jerry spoiled your chances of that ever happpening in the event that it does become a reality.:twisted:

Nice pics. The desserts looked terrific.

Once thing I noticed today (and my previous times) was that the international teams wear funny hats. :biggrin: J/K. I like how the internationals wear matching uniforms. It would be cool if more American teams had uniforms. I guess the uniform thing is just the cop in me coming out. :wink:
uniforms would be cool if you could get enuff sponcers you could look like a nascar driver lol

uniforms would not cost all that much. and would look good, lemmings!!!

Back