Leg Of Lamb Kettle Cook In Progress...may take a while...

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So. Today I'm cooking a leg of lamb in the kettle. Gonna slow roast with some apple wood chunks and Kingsford Comp. This is just the start because it will be an all day thing. Started with your basic American raised lamb leg...

lamb1_zpsac60395a.jpg

Made a rub with celery salt, cracked black pepper, white pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, kosher salt and ground thyme.

Gave the leg a little trimming, put a little rub in the gaps and trussed it up a bit...

lamb2_zpsce350e3e.jpg

Rubbed it down and basted it with olive oil and a touch of apple cider vinegar...

lamb4_zps33e050c9.jpg

lamb3_zps20feeec5.jpg

So now it sits in the fridge for a couple hours or so when I'll start the kettle. Oh, and since it's my birthday, Redhot got me this...

mixer_zpseaa7ec3d.jpg

Been wanting a stand mixer for years. :becky::thumb:

To be continued...

Sometime today we'll be watching this...

it_the_terror_from_beyond_space_xlg.jpg

I was allowed to stay up late and see it for the Friday Night horror movie when I turned five. :becky: :thumb: Still one of my all time favorite cheesy SciFi flicks. Alien borrowed the plot in a way...

That year, I got one of these...

331160225433.jpg

6540892483_71a5aa47d6_o.jpg

It was motorized and rolled on the floor. Fired plastic missiles and torpedoes. A great toy!

Might even watch a double feature...

It_zpsbab22792.jpg

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Great B Day Gift We dont really have one Have talked about it Looking forward to watching the cook Keep trying to convince my wife to let me do one of those I remember that sub Had one It was Great Will definately be watching this :hungry::hungry::hungry:
BTW I tried to send you a PM of the Tat Lady but your box is full

That's some priceless cool nostalgia!!
Also one of the best toys Ive seen!

I'm still not allowed to stay up late and watch horror movies!

Just fried up a small piece that came off during trimming and gave it to Pinky for her opinion...:becky:

Redhot's working on the nanner puddin' as I type. Gonna start the grill pretty soon.

Sounds like a Grand way to celebrate Happy Birthday! I'm still in Re-coupe mode from mine yesterday:twitch:

Back