MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Faston
Full Fledged Farker

Default Maverik ET732

I am considering buying one once again after deciding not to buy due to all the negative posts I see about this product concerning range distance, failed probes/cables supported by the fact the the factory only warranty's the unit for 90 day.

Functionally however, when working properly I believe that I would love it.

Should I pull the trigger? Is there better options out there?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
gaspipe1
Full Fledged Farker

I have one and had it for a few years. I think it's a must own for overnight cooks. I have never had any issues so I may be partial.
gaspipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
5-0 BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

I think you will like the unit. I have had mine for a few years and I am still using the original probes.

The 732 is a great unit. I have sold around 5,000 in the last couple of years with very few issues. When issues came up, Maverick took care of my customers.

When you say you have seen bad reviews could you be reading about the ET-73? I know there was a lot of things that people did not like about the 73.

We sell the ET-732 in Black. Here is a link: http://bbqequipmentstore.com/NEW-Mav...732-ET-732.htm

[B]The BBQ Equipment Store[/B]
[URL="http://www.BBQEQUIPMENTSTORE.COM/?sourceCode=bbq-brethren"]www.bbqequipmentstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR=red][B][COLOR=red][B]Proud 2015 Sponsor of Christmas City BBQ, Astro Pigs and Drilling and Grilling[/B][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR]No Thermapen Here, I have a Water & Shock Resistant Backlit Maverick PT-100BBQ
500 Gal Stickburner - Backwoods Gator, Red Kamado Joe, Primo Oval XL, Maverick Competition Smoker CS-55 and Many Others
5-0 BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Mine has been running great for the past year.

I use it on butts, briskets, turkey and chicken every few days.

Range is awesome.

Some people are just ridiculous in their expectations, though. They attempt to use them in 600 degree steak cooks or dunk the probe & wire in pans of broth for hours on end.

I view this as a tool. Tools wear out. If I get another year of frequent use from my unit, then I'm pleased with the $50 cost.

Get the unit. Don't look back. Don't do what I did and go through 2 lower cost units first before finally buying a Maverick. I wasted money.....should've listened.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ View Post
I think you will like the unit. I have had mine for a few years and I am still using the original probes.

The 732 is a great unit. I have sold around 5,000 in the last couple of years with very few issues. When issues came up, Maverick took care of my customers.

When you say you have seen bad reviews could you be reading about the ET-73? I know there was a lot of things that people did not like about the 73.

We sell the ET-732 in Black. Here is a link: http://bbqequipmentstore.com/NEW-Mav...732-ET-732.htm

I like the black one !

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
John Bowen
is Blowin Smoke!

I am happy with mine - have not had it that long but it gets heavy use. On overnoght cooks I get to watch some tv or even nap some with a piece of mind.
John Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Love the 732! I've not had any problems with the probes (using original) and i love the unit.

i DID have a problem losing connectivity one day, but a quick battery replacement solved that problem quickly and easily.
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
aawa
Babbling Farker

I love my ET-732. It has worked perfectly fine for me since August using it 2-3 times a week. I did have to get a new probe since my roommate submerged it when he was trying to be helpful. I bought a replacement probe from 5-0BBQ's store and it came super fast. I definitely recommend using 5-0bbq's web store, great customer service!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
robmill70
Got rid of the matchlight.

Thumbs up

I have had my ET-732 for over a year and never had any problems with it.
robmill70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
woodbutcher1
is one Smokin' Farker

Go for it. I purchased my white ET-732 from 5-0 BBQ back in Sept. 2011. The only issue i had was self induced. Steve took care of my problem after i called him. Thanks again Steve. I also purchased two 6' long uni-probes from him. This probe can be used either as a food,or pit probe. They are still in their original packaging. I bought them ........just in case.

As far as range issues that some people have ???? I have no clue. I had my receiver 650 ' down the street and it worked flawless. I am very satisfyed with mine and would recommend it to anyone.

55 Gal. UDS
30 Gal. UDS
16 Gal. Mini. UDS
[COLOR=Blue]Maverick ET-732 & iQue - 110
[/COLOR]
woodbutcher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

I have one, its been fine.

The big problem I had was getting them to talk to each other when I first got it.

Then I read online somewhere (I did not see this in the instructions but it might be in there someplace) was to make sure you turn the receiver on first, then the transmitter.

Once I started doing that it has worked flawlessly. it was hit or miss otherwise
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
yakdung
is One Chatty Farker

Caveat emptor.
yakdung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
wolfkeg
Knows what a fatty is.

I like mine fine. The one complaint I would have would be the cheap probes. I have not had a problem with them yet, but I also have a oregon-scientific that has a much beefier probe/wire for less money, so they can be made. It only has one temp input though.

No complaints on the range. I have a 3 story brick house and have had no issues where ever I am in the house

Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #14
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkeg View Post
I like mine fine. The one complaint I would have would be the cheap probes. I have not had a problem with them yet, but I also have a oregon-scientific that has a much beefier probe/wire for less money, so they can be made. It only has one temp input though.

No complaints on the range. I have a 3 story brick house and have had no issues where ever I am in the house
I agree the probes are crappy

I also have a $300 Fluke that uses industry standard K type thermocouples that are inexpensive and interchangeable and a lot higher quality.

I have this meter for work but I use it at home too ;)

But its not wireless either
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #15
smokeisgood
is one Smokin' Farker

I have two, a white one for Pork and a black one for Beef. (makes it simple to keep track of which one is in the brisket) No problems with either. READ THE DIRECTIONS.....yes, it's in there, you have to turn the receiver on before the transmitter....(don't ask me how I know) and the probes must be fully seated....the alarms make it a worry free snooze in the middle of the night....