THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Some were asking what temps the NUDS I made was operating at. Here's the original thread...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115933

I took a piece of charcoal smaller than the one I used before, maybe 1/2 the size (easier fit), lit it and put it in the NUDS.
r_IMG_1129.jpg

I put the lid on and took the temp right after putting the lid on.
r_IMG_1130.jpg

Now, it was tough holding a Thermapen in the exhaust hole while managing the camera with my other hand without popping the top off the cooker. But I managed and persevered.

This was the temp 2.5 minutes later.
r_IMG_1131.jpg

Another 6 minutes later...
r_IMG_1132.jpg

Another 2 minutes later...
r_IMG_1133.jpg

And then letting it cruise for another 10 minutes...
r_IMG_1134.jpg

By the time I got inside and adjusted and uploaded these photos, another 20 minutes had passed. The piece of coal had extinguished and I was running at 167.4. It doesn't run very long on little pieces of coal like this. So it might need refueling every 20 minutes or so. A piece of a briquette would be better for this thing I think.

Try stacking two or three pieces of coal and only lighting the top one for a Nano Minion Method :)
That made me laugh out loud!:laugh: It would probably work though.:becky:

This thing is stupid small. The lid measures 2-1/8 inches across. The unit is just 3-1/4 inches tall, and the grate is just a hair over an inch down from the lid. So not even a small meatball would fit. Maybe if you cut the meatball in half it would fit.

Back